How much off MSRP for 802DI dealer demo?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPACEMANRICK
    • May 2005

It looks like there is quite the demand for the 802DI speakers. From another forum, this person has been waiting for 4 weeks from Magnolia and still no sign of them yet. It looks like I may be waiting for a while longer :M

At least he got a loaner pair of 802DI's from Magnolia while he was waiting for his to arrive. I could ask my dealer for the same but I have a feeling I know the answer to that already.....

Comment

• stuofsci02
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

All of this waiting... Could be listening instead...
      Main System:
      B&W 801D
      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
      Oppo BDP-105
      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
      B&W CM7
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Emotiva UPA-2
      Oppo BDP-83SE
      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• garak
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SPACEMANRICK
        It looks like there is quite the demand for the 802DI speakers. From another forum, this person has been waiting for 4 weeks from Magnolia and still no sign of them yet. It looks like I may be waiting for a while longer :M

At least he got a loaner pair of 802DI's from Magnolia while he was waiting for his to arrive. I could ask my dealer for the same but I have a feeling I know the answer to that already.....

http://audioaficionado.org/b-w-speak...i-unusual.html
        Relax, I waited 10 months from when I placed my order to when I received them. But, they were worth the wait.

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
          • May 2005

Originally posted by stuofsci02
          All of this waiting... Could be listening instead...
          The wait is killing me but to me it is also a point of principal. We agreed on a price for brand new speakers and IF I instead take his demo unit that I assume has been used as a demo for 6 to 8 months then I would expect some kind of concession.

I am no longer expecting the $1,000 off the $16,500 MSRP that I was originally expecting but maybe an extra 2% or 3% off MSRP or maybe some decent quality speaker wire thrown in for the agreed upon price for the new unit. Maybe that is unreasonable to expect that and I will have to wait for the new unit to come in but as I said to me it is the principal that I am not getting a new speaker....

I am also curious if the demo was one of the very first 802DI units manufactured and if B&W would have changed or tweaked their manufacturing of the 802DI's on a more current unit....probably not but maybe just another reason to wait it out.

Comment

• stuofsci02
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2009

The wait is killing me but to me it is also a point of principal.
            This is funny... It sounds as if there is a war with the dealer in your head that won't let you get over having a "demo" unless some sort of concession is made regardless of what it is. :lol:

Think of it this way instead.. Right now, the dealer has your deposit and hasn't had to pay B&W a dime for your speakers.. That a nice interest free loan.

Principal is making you wait weeks to get the exact same thing you can have now, but with an extra piece of tape on them. After setting them up, you would never even know..

I'm just joshing you...
            Main System:
            B&W 801D
            Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
            Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
            Oppo BDP-105
            Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
            B&W CM7
            Emotiva UMC-1
            Emotiva UPA-2
            Oppo BDP-83SE
            Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Rod#S
              • Oct 2010

http://audioaficionado.org/b-w-speak...i-unusual.html
              Hopefully for me :B the backlog is only limited to the cherry finish and when I order mine in April (fingers crossed) I will get them quicker in the rosenut finish that I want. Still I feel your pain in wanting them NOW. When I ordered my Lexicon MC-12 years ago I ended up waiting 2 months for it and the same thing happened with the Bryston amp I got with it, just bad timing on that because Bryston makes different amps in batches so I had to wait for the manufacturing runs of a different model to be complete before mine was assembled. Waiting truly sucks.
              B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Whoa, I guess I was lucky got mine in a week :T
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• emig5m
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by garak
                  Relax, I waited 10 months from when I placed my order to when I received them. But, they were worth the wait.
                  Wow! I don't have that much patience! When I ordered my 804S they where delivered in only two days (warehouse is only a couple/few states away). But when I ordered my HTM3S, for some reason it took like three weeks and I was calling every day after work to see if it was in. Probably wasn't any in the states at the time since it was right before they where discontinued. But yea, I hate waiting... But for the price of the 802Di I would definitely tough it out a month for brand new.

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

Makes me wonder if the dealer is not just banking the cash and waiting before placing the orders it has happened before
                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                      • May 2005

Waiting for 10 months is crazy but you sure sound happy now.....

My dealer has no firm date and said that he hopes to have more information from B&W at the end of February so it may be even more than a 1 month wait. Fortunately for me I have bought other equipment from him in the past so my deposit was only about 5% of the purchase price so that is not a big deal but the wait is still painful :M

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

and the 840 Cambridge are in black or in silver?

the 840 in mono give 500watt or? will be a good system with the 802di!

-------

garak your 802di make you happy? you much space between the 2 jewels?

ths style

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                          • May 2005

Hi Style, the Cambridge 840W and 840E are both in black.

I am just going for the one 840W amp for now but yes I can have the option of buying another one and bridging them for 500 watts. This is an expensive hobby we have found ourselves in, there is always something better out there to try. My wife has put her foot down and told me that I am done (at least for now) :P

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

Hi Space,

I have listen the Cambridge and I find this Brand very interessting.
                            more as Emotiva ....maybe beacouse this last in very rare in europa.....

well your purchasing with the 802DI in cherry (correct? & new no the demo)
                            plus a "combo" pre and amplifier in switzerland is expensive.
                            of course the B&W is the more expensive piece of the puzzle but after a week of listing your wife will be happy ( I hoppe for you :W )
                            now the 802DI in Switzerland are priced CHF. 19000.-, the pre 840E CHF. 2000.- and ampli 840W is 2800.- --> all in a single output for your bank account is not a "light" output ops:

I do not ask your balance (are not my own/"respect") but for a "normal" person / normal employees are not peanuts!!!

I have a 803DI as front (I have a HT system with Classe ssp and 2 amplifier) and I thing at the 802Di (and not 802D, the 803DI are much better) : well at today wait and go with the 802DI was better.....expecialy in stereo....
                            at first I thinkto go wth a 804DI as surround but pay more have a 802DI as front....-> I love HT.
                            style

Comment

• Rod#S
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by style

I have a 803DI as front (I have a HT system with Classe ssp and 2 amplifier) and I thing at the 802Di (and not 802D, the 803DI are much better) : well at today wait and go with the 802DI was better.....expecialy in stereo....
                              at first I thinkto go wth a 804DI as surround but pay more have a 802DI as front....-> I love HT.
                              style
                              Hi style;

So are you saying you were thinking of getting a pair of 804Di's to add to your 803Di system as surrounds but are now thinking of going for the 802Di and use you 803Di's as rears?

Thanks,

Rod
                              B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Yes, Rod.

wenn I have purchased the 803DI - to replace the 803D - I have a system with 803DI L&R, Htm2D center, surround 803D.

have a 803D with the movie is not so amazing like thinked. I have sold the 803D.
                                now I use a 805S as rear. if you listen music in 4.0/4.1 have 4 803D or others is very good, with bluray concert too, but with movie i not so "important"...

style

Comment

• Rod#S
                                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by style
                                  Yes, Rod.

wenn I have purchased the 803DI - to replace the 803D - I have a system with 803DI L&R, Htm2D center, surround 803D.

have a 803D with the movie is not so amazing like thinked. I have sold the 803D.
                                  now I use a 805S as rear. if you listen music in 4.0/4.1 have 4 803D or others is very good, with bluray concert too, but with movie i not so "important"...

style
                                  Thanks style. That's very interesting what you have discovered because once I get my 802Di's my delimmea will be what to get for my side and rear surrounds. Since there are no longer any dedicated surrounds in the Diamond series I'm quite sure I'll get 805Di's for the side surrounds but I'm not sure of the rears yet. I love listening to music in surround either discrete 5.1 SACD, DVD Audio and concert DVDs/Blu-rays and even stereo music using Logic 7 in my Lexicon MC-12 which is why I currently have tower speakers in the rear. So because of this I guess I'm inclined to lean toward 804Di's or 803Di's(better match for the HTM2Di because of the same size bass drivers) but I could save appx. $2500-$5000 by going with a 2nd set of 805di's. Oh well that decision doesn't have to be made for appx. a year :lol:

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

Rod,
                                    if you have a 802di as front , with center Htm2D/di, the 804di are a ver good choice.

of course is not a "entry level" speakers. the 805di are too amazing but the price difference 804 - 805 di in not so big....and purchase a 805di and stand you go have the price from the 804.....

I have already thinked at a couple of cm8/cm) for the surround......
                                    (lke you write to have a good tower speakers on the rear...)

I don't know how much is your room but I love a 5.1: the 7.1 is not "natural": dvd/bluray with tracks originls in 7.1 are very rare. you go "splitting" the sound in the rear from 2 to 4 and less quality...: 5.1 is the top

Comment

• Rod#S
                                      • Oct 2010

My current rear surrounds, Paradigm Reference Studio 60s (v2) will actually be replaced with my current left/right mains, Paradigm Reference Studio 100s (v2) when I get my 802Di's so my rears will actually get better. I just wish I had the room to move my rear surrounds to my side surrounds, Paradigm Reference Studio ADPs (v2) to have towers all around but I can't make the room work for that, it is an apartment after all :B

You raise a good point about the cost of the 804Di's compared to the 805Di's which I hadn't even thought about, the additional cost of the stand. I could save some money and use my current stands that my ADPs are on but I would like the stand meant for the 805Di's especially if it's like the stand for my HTM2Di and it screws into the speakers.

As for the 5.1 vs 7.1, with my Lexicon and Logic 7 I could never go back to a 5.1 layout, the enveloping sound that Logic 7 gives from a stereo or a 5.1 source across 4 surrounds is just amazing.

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                                        • May 2005

Update....I talked to my dealer today and as of today there is no confirmed date for the arrival of the 802DI's in cherry and he will contact the Buffalo distribution centre again at the end of this week to see if he can confirm a date. My dealer said that there should be an earlier shipment of piano black 802DI's that should be available in a few weeks (unfortunately we are only considering the cherry colour for our music room). In a best case scenario I hope the cherry 802DI's arrive by the end of March but there is no confirmed date as of today.

We also talked about the demo unit they have in stock and he said that he doesn't really want to give those up for now because he still needs to have them in his showroom for other potential buyers. He said that he can also try to contact other dealers to see if they have excess 802DI'S in cherry for a "dealer swap" but there is no guarantee that the other dealers will be shipping brand new units that have not been used as demo units or that have no other damage. I think for now I will just have to wait. It is hard to believe that there is such a demand for $16,500 (Canadian) speakers but from what I heard in the showroom (and others have posted) it seems that they sure are worth the wait :T

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Rod#S
                                          As for the 5.1 vs 7.1, with my Lexicon and Logic 7 I could never go back to a 5.1 layout, the enveloping sound that Logic 7 gives from a stereo or a 5.1 source across 4 surrounds is just amazing.
                                          Yes I heard the Logic 7 is really cool but the Audyssey DSX 11.2 is phenomenal, now I can't wait to hear the DTS NeoX

Comment

• Rod#S
                                            • Oct 2010

Update....I talked to my dealer today and as of today there is no confirmed date for the arrival of the 802DI's in cherry and he will contact the Buffalo distribution centre again at the end of this week to see if he can confirm a date. My dealer said that there should be an earlier shipment of piano black 802DI's that should be available in a few weeks (unfortunately we are only considering the cherry colour for our music room). In a best case scenario I hope the cherry 802DI's arrive by the end of March but there is no confirmed date as of today.

We also talked about the demo unit they have in stock and he said that he doesn't really want to give those up for now because he still needs to have them in his showroom for other potential buyers. He said that he can also try to contact other dealers to see if they have excess 802DI'S in cherry for a "dealer swap" but there is no guarantee that the other dealers will be shipping brand new units that have not been used as demo units or that have no other damage. I think for now I will just have to wait. It is hard to believe that there is such a demand for $16,500 (Canadian) speakers but from what I heard in the showroom (and others have posted) it seems that they sure are worth the wait :T
                                            bummer...Hopefully he will be able to find another dealer that does have a demo pair of 802Dis and could care less what color they were but someone will have to pay for shipping so unless your Dealer is willing to eat that cost it is unlikely a swap would happen.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by wettou
                                              Yes I heard the Logic 7 is really cool but the Audyssey DSX 11.2 is phenomenal, now I can't wait to hear the DTS NeoX
                                              I haven't heard any 11.2 setups yet, no dealer has gone through the effort to setup a room to show case that where I live and I dont know of anyone who has a setup for that either. I can't wait to see what Lexicon brings to the table in surround processing with their new processor as I'm sure it will go beyond Logic 7's ability to extract out to 7 channels.

Comment

• emig5m
                                                • Aug 2008

Damned... I hope you can get them sooner rather than later... I hate waiting! :lol:

Comment

• scanido
                                                  • Apr 2006

hang in there, they are definitely worth the wait!!

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"