Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I began my fix on the Keramiskas speaker I gouged the other day. Went pretty well! I just need to cut an appropriate size piece of bamboo to glue into the gap now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0987.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	952567
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0988.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.20 MB ID:	952568

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0989.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	952569

After making this notch, I decided to open up the backside of the speakers to reveal the port and terminal cutout. I'm thinking about countersinking the terminal plate (a Dayton aluminum dual post plate) but I haven't decided how that's going to happen yet. It would need to be clean and even, so I can't follow the inside cuts since they were originally made with a jigsaw. Perhaps a coving bit and an edge guide, maybe?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0990.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.32 MB ID:	952570

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0991.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.88 MB ID:	952571

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0992.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	952572

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0993.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	952573
    - Danny

Comment

• xandresen
      • Feb 2015

If your "repair" notch is centered in the cabinet width, why not fill it with dark walnut or similar to make a fashion statement.

no matching of grain required.

Comment

• technodanvan
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

I did think of doing something like that - the notch is off center a bit, but it could be made centered - and I also considered a metal insert! I have a little cherry, mahogany, and purpleheart on hand right now so I could do it too. However, these are destined to be professionally painted so I elected to just fill it with a 'like' material since I have some on hand. Boring I know, but once we see the final color it will (hopefully) make sense!
        - Danny

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"