X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Looks like the start of a nice setup. :thumb:

I assume you're going to be building a TV stand and lifting the center up a bit? When you get these done, I would love to hear your thoughts on how well the center matches the mains. Should, but that center variation was never listened to together before in the same place.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• joeybutts
      • Sep 2009

Thanks Ryan!

Plans are the following -

Click image for larger version

Name:	755a8e96.webp
Views:	66
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	940473

Name:	af0a6a6a.webp
Views:	64
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	940474

Name:	43e6df3d.webp
Views:	66
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	940475

Name:	06c541c4.webp
Views:	65
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	940476

Name:	Backwall.webp
Views:	60
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	940477
      Last edited by theSven; 16 June 2023, 21:35 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• joeybutts
        • Sep 2009

That TV you see in the temporary pic will end up on the stand I built for the living room, come the middle of April when the TV in the living room ends up on-wall. The center will then end up on a small stand and be angled slightly.

Currently I have the towers facing straight ahead, all baffles in alignment, and the sound is absolutely SEAMLESS. Even with the center on the floor.

I notice no tonal difference between the towers and the center either. It is quite the show with these.

I am dying to run audyssey and calibrate and get a REAL good listen in. I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet with all the honey-do items I have been taking care of on the new house along with squeezing in working out.

But like I said quickly before, for the little bit of listening I have done so far, I would have thought the Dayton WTMW center was built to go along with the Khans. I did of course implement cjd's x-over in the center, which may have a big part of it.

Any one is welcome to come by and have a listen. I am so happy I built these.

Comment

• Blink
          • Feb 2012

Wow those models look awesome!! And that Man Room has everything I would want in mine, except for a shuffleboard table! Now I'm feeling like it might not be enough just to build some Khans, but I'll have to build a room around them too!

Comment

• joeybutts
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Blink
            Wow those models look awesome!! And that Man Room has everything I would want in mine, except for a shuffleboard table! Now I'm feeling like it might not be enough just to build some Khans, but I'll have to build a room around them too!
            NOW you're talking.

Thanks Blink! Yeah, I'm doing the official sketchup of my poker table right now, hopefully done today. It will be 30" wide to hopefully keep the space not too crowded but still offer a nice playable surface. I'll post the new rendering when I get it done.

hmmmmm aren't shuffleboard tables like 15 or 20 ft long?

Comment

• Blink
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by joeybutts
              hmmmmm aren't shuffleboard tables like 15 or 20 ft long?
              Unfortunately yes, which is why I havent built one myself yet :cry:

Are you going to be building the cabinet for the Galaga game, or are you buying it? I would love to see a build thread on one of those :B

Comment

• joeybutts
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Blink
                Unfortunately yes, which is why I havent built one myself yet :cry:

Are you going to be building the cabinet for the Galaga game, or are you buying it? I would love to see a build thread on one of those :B
                YESSIR!! Of course!

No doubt there will be a full on build thread. I haven't seen a fantastic build thread on one yet, so hopefully I can fulfill that niche.

There will also be one on my poker table.

Comment

• joeybutts
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ---k---
                  Glad to hear that you're enjoying them. I'm looking forward to seeing your finish ... if you can ever bring yourself to take them apart to do the finish. :P
                  yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......still raw mdf..... but here are the khans with their friends

Name:	IMG_0597.webp
Views:	67
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	940411
                  Last edited by theSven; 16 June 2023, 20:19 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• WilZirkle
                    • Aug 2011

I'd make fun of this but I still haven't started mine h:

Comment

• cjd
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Dec 2004

Well, crank it up and maybe Gollum could say "Rawwww and wrrriggglinggg" about the room.

I know how much work went into those, and it looks awesome even though you can't tell.
                      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• joeybutts
                        • Sep 2009

Thanks fellas the last two subs are getting wrapped up today should be interesting!!!!

Cjd.... Really appreciate it. It's been a long road but couldn't be happier. Thanks for all your hard work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"