Dipole surrounds to match Khanspires / NatPs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrel
    • Jun 2009

Dipole surrounds to match Khanspires / NatPs?

Hi there - long time listener, first time caller.

I'm planning to build a 7.1 set of speakers using the fabulous Khanspires for mains, the Khancenter and either Neatos or Nat Ps for rear surrounds.

I've always disliked being able to localise side surrounds and would really like to be able to build some dipole side-surrounds.

I've looked around the board a fair bit but haven't seen a suitable design. I'm not clever enough to design my own so can anyone make a recommendation? I can build the boxes but really need advice on the crossover, wiring etc for a dipole using RS150s and RS28s.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

I'm not sure you're going to find a quality dipole surround project. They just aren't in fashion with DIYers. There are varying opinion on whether they are better or worse than direct radiating speakers for surrounds. Do a search here and other places to read about that.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• BeerParty
      • Oct 2008

I only know of one build, but it is using the Statement drivers (NEOcd3, W4-1337SA, and RS180-4), not the ones you listed. It isn't finished yet, but looks promising:

JeffC's Side and Rear Surround Build
      Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
      My AviaTrix Build

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"