X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Bridge of Spies (2015)

I was really looking forward to this film but it didn't quite hit the mark. I'm not saying it's bad because it isn't. It's good, solid entertainment. It just lacks edge or realism or something special. I think it's because Spielberg plays it safe by creating a film with broad appeal. The old dilemma...

I was six years old when Gary Powers' U-2 aircraft was shot down in 1960. I like to think that I remember the event but I probably don't if I was only six. I definitely remember the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 when I was eight so that's probably why I knew about the U-2 shoot down from an early age. Anyway, that knowledge gave me some context for "Bridge of Spies".

Nigel.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Too bad. This movie looked very interesting to me. I'll still check it out at some point.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"