X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZorgSpiff
    • Oct 2014

HIGH END 2015 Munich

The HIGH END 2015 in Munich, May 14 - 17

500+ exhibitors and 900+ brands, but no sign of Rotel?
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

I think the new Rotel components were just an April fools joke

Comment

• Patrick Butler
      • Jan 2014

Rotel has been shipping two new products since the end of last month- RC-1590 preamp/dac and RB-1590 350w x 2 AB amplifier. The RSP-1582 is still on track to ship in Q2.

Why wasn't Rotel at the Munich Show? Good question. I'm trying to think of a reason to be at the show in Munich.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
        Why wasn't Rotel at the Munich Show? Good question. I'm trying to think of a reason to be at the show in Munich.
        Well with KEF, Dynaudio, Focal and many others there surely B&W would have a place. Not to mention everyone from Arcam to Bryston and all Rotel's competitors...

Or do column inches no longer sell products?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
          • Jan 2014

When you start adding up the expense of doing a show with a very hard to quantify benefit, you begin to wonder what the value of a show is from the manufacturing/distribution end of things.

I've been looking at the show reports, and you'd never know there were 500+ exhibitors and 900+ brands as ZorgSpiff pointed out earlier in this thread. That's how paltry the coverage of the show was.

Comment

• hometheaternut
            • Oct 2014

Patrick! I read last that you said the Rotel RSP-1582 would have a Q3 release launch not Q2. I heard that manufacturing has not even started, yet? Can you share any new audio quality experiences with the processor compared with the RSP-1572.

Excited Fan!

Comment

• TimbaLand
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
              Rotel has been shipping two new products since the end of last month- RC-1590 preamp/dac and RB-1590 350w x 2 AB amplifier. The RSP-1582 is still on track to ship in Q2.
              I can't wait for it to hit the South African shores. Just worried about the price as the mark up here tend to double the US/Euro price

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                • Jan 2014

Hi hometheaternut,

We are on track to start shipping in the US towards the end of June or beginning of July. As for the sound, we are going to replace our RSP-1572 that we use in our large theater room for dealer trainings, with the RSP-1582. Once I've had some time to do some listening in a few weeks, I'll post my impressions here. US retail is expected to be $3500 and intended to be a step up model from the RSP-1572, not a replacement per se.

Regards,

Patrick

Originally posted by hometheaternut
                Patrick! I read last that you said the Rotel RSP-1582 would have a Q3 release launch not Q2. I heard that manufacturing has not even started, yet? Can you share any new audio quality experiences with the processor compared with the RSP-1572.

Excited Fan!

Comment

• hometheaternut
                  • Oct 2014

Hello Patrick,

Any experiences with the RSP-1582 yet? Will Rotel have a software up-grade to HDCP 2.2 at all? I sure don't want to have to buy two long very expensive HDMI cables to my new 4K ULTRA HD TV next year just because!

KEEP TALKING,

Chock Full O' Nuts

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                    • Jan 2014

Hi hometheaternut,

We were delayed in installing our RSP-1582 into our system at our North American headquarters. This past month has been pretty nuts, but we are finishing our beta testing of the control portion of the RSP-1582 (RS-232, etc) and will be integrating it soon.

HDCP2.2 will require a hardware upgrade, which I would not expect before the end of the year. However, it could be earlier- just don't hold your breath.

FYI- shipping will be delayed on the RSP-1582 until the beginning of August. The nature of working with a new hardware and software platform is that you find bugs that need to be squashed before shipping. Sometimes that takes longer than projected.

Regards,

Patrick
                    B&W Group North America

Originally posted by hometheaternut
                    Hello Patrick,

Any experiences with the RSP-1582 yet? Will Rotel have a software up-grade to HDCP 2.2 at all? I sure don't want to have to buy two long very expensive HDMI cables to my new 4K ULTRA HD TV next year just because!

KEEP TALKING,

Chock Full O' Nuts

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                      • May 2004

Don't like the answer but appreciate the honesty for sure. I'd rather Rotel get it right out of the box than rush it. It's been this long getting something to replace the RSP-1098 that it worth doing it right. Thanks for the update Patrick.

Comment

• hometheaternut
                        • Oct 2014

Patrick!,

Any audio comparisons between the Rotel RSP-1582 and RSP-1572?? How does the XLR input sound? Can you tell us what speakers are hooked-up to the Rotel system? Per your earlier response on HDCP 2.2 are you saying that Rotel WILL upgrade the HDMI board at a later date or will it be an option for an additional fee? Please let us know. We are waiting with bated breath!! August is right around the corner.

KEEP TALKING,

I'm Crazy about Home Theater and a huge Rotel Fan!

Comment

• hometheaternut
                          • Oct 2014

Delayed Again! But wait there's MORE!! HDMI HDCP 2.2 is a GOOOOOO!!!!!!! It looks like ROTEL LISTENED to the H/T GODS after all!! Much more desirable for sure.

Comment

• hometheaternut
                            • Oct 2014

Patrick are you there!

What happened to the audio comparisons between the RSP-1582 and 1572? Any recent news you can share will us fans. We are dying to hear your opinions about the RSP-1582! I guess we will be looking at CEDIA 2015 for a launch?

Keep Talking,

Your crazy H/T Nut

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"