X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

JL Audio Fathom

I would like to know how to properly calibrate the JL Audio Fathom F113, I have followed the instructions from the manual but was wondering if there are other tweaks I can do
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

If you have experimented with positioning and followed the setup/eq instructions successfully, not much. The only limitation of the f113 is the single parametric filter. If that's all you need, fine. If you need more, it ain't got it. The best suggestion would be to use a measurement/analysis program to see what it is doing.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
      If you have experimented with positioning and followed the setup/eq instructions successfully, not much. The only limitation of the f113 is the single parametric filter. If that's all you need, fine. If you need more, it ain't got it. The best suggestion would be to use a measurement/analysis program to see what it is doing.
      Is it worth it to have an acoustics engineer optimize the system! I am still waiting to see how good is the SSP-800 before upgrading my pre/pro?
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wettou
        Is it worth it to have an acoustics engineer optimize the system!
        Dunno. How happy/unhappy are you? How would you characterize the issues you are dealing with? What are your room acoustics issues?
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Dunno. How happy/unhappy are you? How would you characterize the issues you are dealing with? What are your room acoustics issues?
          I had Rives Audio give a sense of what I was looking at and I need huge bass traps ops:

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wettou
            I had Rives Audio give a sense of what I was looking at and I need huge bass traps ops:
            Start there. Do you have any way to assess the room/system acoustics other than with your ears?
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Start there. Do you have any way to assess the room/system acoustics other than with your ears?
              Not really unfortunately

Comment

• Hammie
                • Oct 2005

You could try the Room EQ Wizard.

I'm considering doing this but my laptop doesn't have the right connector. Therefore, I need to pull my server out of the office and use it since it has a better audio card.
                Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Yes, I use the Room EQ Wizard with a BFD to EQ out bass. Good stuff.
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"