X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian1975
    • Apr 2009

SONUS FABER AMATI OR B&W UPGRADES WITH CLASSÉ

Hello to all,

I was at my local dealer yesterday for the annual sale. I said to him about upgrading my system. I'm looking for one system that does very well in stereo music and 5.1 HT as well. I listened to the Sonus Faber Amati speakers, they were very musical, and I liked them a lot. So based on my current system, the dealer made two suggestions:

1) Keep my front and center speakers. Upgrade my 705 to 805di, change my REL B2 to JL Fathom F113 or F212 and buy two Classé CAM-400 to power my 802d.

OR

2) change my B&W speakers to Sonus Faber Amati (front), Martin Logan Stage (center) and Martin Logan Purity (rear) and REL B2 to JL Fathom F212.
    They will be powered by my Classé gear.

What are your thoughts or experience...

Thanks

Ian
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

Buy the same speakers (e.g. all 802 or all 805's), if that is not possible, buy the same series (e.g. 802 with 805 and a HTM1), or at least speakers from one manufacturer (eg 802 and 603's, etc.).

Having a HT with different speakers will create a great difference in sound.

The best sounding HT's are those with equal speakers. And yes, I know there is more, for example acoustics, etc. And know thats very diffucult when you don't have a dedicated room or a mad woman :P
    Try to get equal speakers, or at last, speakers from the same series!
    Last edited by Blue-Eyes; 09 May 2010, 13:36 Sunday.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I agree with Blu Eyes. I vote for option one. You upgrade your speakers (805Di's for excellent system synergy) and also the 802D's (with the CAM-400's). The 802D's will really open open with those amps.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"