X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonych31
    • Sep 2004

1068 rear sound problem

Just got my 1068 3 weeks ago. I was excited and hook it up and was impress with its soundstage versus my yamaha DSP integrated amplifier.
    Then one day I heard some hissing sound coming from the back speakers. I thought it was the speaker so I switch with my old celestion speakers. it was still the same. However, if I play dvd or sacd through multi input, I can hear some sound in the rear. I think it only affects if I used the digital processing mode.
    I took it to the rotel authorised repairers.
    Anyone who encountered this type of problem.

System:
    Power amp 1075
    Main Speaker Monitor Audio Silver 5
    Dvd Player Denon 2200
    Back speakers Boston Acoustics
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Tony,

How did you go with this?

Some ideas:
    >Very soft sounds in the back can be caused by the digital surround sound processing. FOr example Music 1 to Music 4 or Prologic IIx on a 2 channel source can lead to some faint oveflow sounds in the rear channels?

>How many rear channels do you have 2 or 4 - if it is just in two of them you could have a faulty op-amp - the RSP-1068 uses a dual op-amp on the digital board for the two rear chanels..

However the dealer sounds the best way to go...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"