X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neurostar
    • Jan 2006

Help with Rotel 1068 digital lock loss

Hi,
    Just purchased a new rotel rsp-1068. However, digital audio frequently loses lock and I get no sound for seconds to a minute as relays click. This occurs from my dvd player DENON 2910 with either digital coaxial or optical inputs and with cable box SA 8300 with coaxial input. i've check settings on external devices, tried unplugging the 1068. Waiting to hear from the delaer I purchased from; but this looked like the place to ask. Software version is 1.2.4. Do I have a lemon which I should exchange or is there something that can be done?
    Thanks for any help.
    neurostar
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I used to have trouple with a digital lock over the optical output from my Denon 1600 DVD player until I upgraded to a higher quality optical cable. Since then, not one problem.

Being that you're having the same problem however on mutiple inputs with multiple cables... there could be something funky there. Maybe try taking your 3 cables and DVD player in to the dealer and see if the same problem occurs on one of thier 1068's...?
    Jason

Comment

• neurostar
      • Jan 2006

Thanks,
      I'll probably just bring in the 1068 and see how runs with the dealers components. If the same problem occurs then I''ll just exchange for a new 1068. If not, I'll probably need to switch processors to another brand and hope it's compatible with my components.
      neurostar

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

I'm not the expert in this category (or any for that matter), but you may want to check your version of the firmware (I know it's new, but still...) and make sure it's the current version. A simple firmware update may solve your problems.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

That's newer firmware then what's available at Rotel's site. So either they broke something in that release or it's a bad unit. I would highly doubt that both sources would have the same issues.

Does it just loose lock while watching something? Usually the known issues have been loosing lock when changing channels or going from menu to movie.

Kevin D.

Comment

• neurostar
            • Jan 2006

It simply loses lock while watching a DVD or TV. Clicks, go silent for seconds to minutes, clicks and sound comes back. Sometimes it helps to switch sources back and forth and it will pick up the signal again.
            I kinda of wondered if it was the newer software version reintroducing problems; but, I'll let the dealer decide if they should reinstall an older version. Any idea what this version fixed from the most recent upgrade.
            I'll bring the 1068 into the shop next week and let you know what happens. I'd be interested to hear what Rotel has to say.
            Thanks for the help.
            neurostar

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

I haven't heard from my email to Rotel what 1.2.4 adds over 1.2.2, but definitely find out before trying to apply an older version. 1.2.4 might be required for a new revision of system board 'x' and applying older versions might break it.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"