X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Hayes
    • Mar 2003

1055/1080 or 1055/1075

I now have the funds to proceed with the purchase of either a 1055/1080 or a 1055/1075 combo. I do not expect to be able to add a second amp down the road and will be using this system for the next couple of years for 5.1 and stereo applications (about 50/50 HT & Stereo). I am interested in multichannel music and expect to add a universal DVD player within 2 years. My speakers are: B&W 805s up front, HTM2 center, and 601s for surrounds. I will be setting all speakers to small with a 60Hz crossover for music, probably an 80Hz crossover for HT but I plan to experiment with the crossovers somewhat. Is either combo a clear winner?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If your main speakers are bi-amp capable I might lean towards the multichannel amp since you could use the 5th channel on the centre speaker and bi amp the mains. This would also be the most flexible setup as far as options down the road for powering a second zone etc.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"