X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • art vandeleigh
    • Oct 2003

rb-1080?

hey all, well i have had my 1055 for over a month now. i am very happy with it but i have felt there were a few things that were lacking in it. i hav ethe 1055 mated to b&w 7nt and the cntc. i find that the highs are very clear and distinct. but the lows really seem to be lacking. i feel that the speakers are being held back in a way. i just dont feel the presence from the speakers.

now i was thinking about doing the 1055 and 1075 combo. but have read about a person hearing a bettter sonud from using multiple 1080's. well for me, i have been doing far more music then movie and excluesively 2ch music.

this is what i have been kicking around. using the rb-1080 to power the main's and the 1055 to power the rest (center, rears) when i do movies. what do you think about this? the only thing that i was really concerened about was the sonic difference between the 1080 that is powering the main and the 1066 that is runnning the center.

also i have not auditioned the 1080 yet, but will soon, but just to get an idea what is the retail (US) of the rb-1080? thanks for any help all!!
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

I run a RB-1080 for my front main channels and a RMB-1075 for my center and surrounds.It works great.Plenty of power and finesse for movies and stereo listening.The 1080 will make the B&W's sing. Sonicly Rotel amplifiers have a very similar sound.I luv 'em!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'd get the 1080 to mate with that 1055 as it'll give you tons of power for those mains

Comment

• art vandeleigh
        • Oct 2003

hhmmm. this is very interesting. thanks guys for the help. so it seems that you both think i should use the 1080 to power the mains. but do you think if i used the amps in the 1055 to power the ceneter the sound might be lacking and not congruent with the sound thats comming out of the mains.

since all of the dialogue tracks are comming out of the center, dont you think that the mains might overpower the center with the 1080 powering them?

thanks again!!

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I concur with Andrew, purchase the RB-1080 to power the fronts and run the center and rears with the 1055.

Once you recalibrate your speakers there shouldn't that signifcant of a loss if any, because now you are only powering three speakers with the 1055 instead of all five.

My suggestion, purchase one RB-1080 connect it to the fronts and see what you think, you can always go back and get a second amp.

Watch out for upgraditis,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"