X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Hayes
    • Mar 2003

Thanks to all - Purchased a 1075

Thanks to all for your suggestions regarding choosing the right Rotel. I ended up going with a 1075 for now and hope to add either a 1066 or 1055 down the road. I thought that I had the funds for both the pre/pro and the amp, but I ended up having to choose one or the other. After looking very long and hard at my system, it seemed like the most glaring weakness was the lack of decent power for my N805s & HTM2. The Yamaha receiver that I am using is only 47x6 according to S&V. I auditioned both a 1055 and a 1066/1075 with N805s and felt that the bigger overall boost occured when the jump to separates was made. I know my Yamaha does not sound quite as good as a 1055 but for now, it should work until I can afford a 1055 or 1066 and I have made the first step towards separates.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Mike you made the right choice IMO. The price of quality amps tends to remain fairly constant but the pre pro market will always show a nice price drop for older units as they're replaced every year. Besides with the 1098 coming in a few weeks (end of june) there might be a flood of used 1066's on the market for a good price as people upgrade.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"