Workaround for 1066 2 component video input limitation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SayersWeb
    • Dec 2002

Workaround for 1066 2 component video input limitation?

Since getting an HD cable box I have three sources of component video (cable box, DVD, Playstation 2) to use with my front projector system. I've been using S-Video with the PS2, but it does not look anywhere near as good on a 92" screen.

So, I'm trying to think of a good workaround. The switch boxes are attractive, but I seriously fear they may affect the video signal quality. It's difficult for me to get at the back of the 1066, DVD, or cable box, to do cable swapping. The projector has only a single component input along with a DVI-D, S-video, and 15-pin VGA.

Any suggestions?

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

VGA to component breakout cables are fairly easy to find and would give you another input since you could run one of the runs directly to the projector

Comment

• SayersWeb
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      VGA to component breakout cables are fairly easy to find and would give you another input since you could run one of the runs directly to the projector
      Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. That has potential!

Comment

• Hap C
        • Dec 2002

I recently tried the Audio Authority 1154 component video switch with my new RSP-1066, and had sync problems in the upper portion of the picture which showed as wavy lines and distortion a few inches from the top of the screen. Just returned it and am now waiting on delivery of the Zektor HD switch. Hopefully it will work better. It has 4 inputs, wide bandwith, and has been reviewed well. Also works by remote control.

Comment

• SayersWeb
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Hap C
          I recently tried the Audio Authority 1154 component video switch with my new RSP-1066, and had sync problems in the upper portion of the picture which showed as wavy lines and distortion a few inches from the top of the screen. Just returned it and am now waiting on delivery of the Zektor HD switch. Hopefully it will work better. It has 4 inputs, wide bandwith, and has been reviewed well. Also works by remote control.
          I'll be very interested to hear how it works out. How much does the device cost?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"