X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hired goon
    • Aug 2004

RSP-1068 component video problems

G'day,

I'm having problems with the component input/output of my RSP-1068.

I finally bought a TV that has component input. I connected my set-top box to the TV via component, and got a great image without any problems after one hour of use. Next I connected the DVD player to the TV via component, and also got a great image without any problems.

However, when I connect the set-top box via component to the 1068, then the 1068 to the TV via component, the signal keeps dropping. If the TV does not get a signal, it shows a blue background, and once the signal is found again, the name of the input ("DVD", in this case) is shown on the screen for half a second. When the set-top box is connected to the TV via the 1068's component input/outputs, the image keeps flashing blue with "DVD" displayed. This can happen once very minute, or sometimes many times a second. I think it may be related to the kind of image that is on display (lots of white), rather than random, but I can't be sure.

When I connect the DVD player to the TV via the 1068's component inputs, the problem is not as severe. Some DVDs can play without problem, but others produce the same signal dropout as per the set-top box. One particular example is "The Incredibles". The opening credits and the beginning of Chapter 17 show this problem. The dropout does not seem to be random here, as it always appears at the start of Chapter 17, and not in the previous chapter. Howver, when I connect the DVD player directly to the TV via component, I get no problems with viewing chapter 17 at all.

I've tried multiple permutations of different cables, using different component inputs, using the set-top box or DVD seperately or together, etc. I had disconnected everything from the 1068 except for the video cables, to rule out any other interference. But still the signal from the 1068's component output seems to drop every so often.

So...has anyone else seen this problem, or know what the problem is?

--Geoff
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Hi Geoff,

Have you tried turning "Progressive Scan" on for the component inputs you are using on the 1068?

Refer to page 38 of your manual for instructions on how to do this.

My HD STB will not work via component thru the Rotel without this setting enabled.
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• hired goon
      • Aug 2004

G'day,

Originally posted by Spearmint
      Have you tried turning "Progressive Scan" on for the component inputs you are using on the 1068?
      I'm using a SD set-top box and a normal 576i TV, so no progressive scan or HD 1080i signals are being sent to the 1068. I could try setting the "Progressive Scan" option on, but I'd probably lose the picture, and also render the OSD useless...

--Geoff

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

I had a very similar problem recently with a brand new 1098. It started out dropping every 30 mins or so and withing a few days was dropping ever 10 seconds. Rotel sent me replacements for all 3 video boards and that solved the problem so I doubt that what you are dealing with has much to do with settings.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• hired goon
          • Aug 2004

G'day,

...I could try setting the "Progressive Scan" option on, but I'd probably lose the picture, and also render the OSD useless...
          Well setting "Progressive Scan" option for inputs V1+V2 seems to have fixed this problem. Which is odd since I'm not using progressive scan or HD inputs....

--Geoff

Comment

• Spearmint
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by hired goon
            G'day,

Well setting "Progressive Scan" option for inputs V1+V2 seems to have fixed this problem. Which is odd since I'm not using progressive scan or HD inputs....

--Geoff

I'm glad it worked for you also.

I have no idea what is going on but I suspect it has nothing to do with the input signal it is the output signal from the Rotel and how it is presented to input of the screen. Maybe it has something to do with our PAL signal, whatever it was the only way I could get my system to work.
            Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

You all are setting the display to PAL in the OTHER setting right? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Hoffa
                • Nov 2004

I have a similar problem to the one you are seeing. When I use my dvd player connected by video 1 (dvd outputting progressive or interlaced) I can't get the 1068 menu to come up for more then a second before the tv rejects the signal. I have tried setting the 1068 to progressive V1 and tried removing that setting as well, neither works for me. I'll get around to taking it back to the dealer soon.

Comment

• hired goon
                  • Aug 2004

G'day,

Originally posted by Kevin D
                  You all are setting the display to PAL in the OTHER setting right? That's the only other thing I can think of.
                  Of course.

--Geoff

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"