X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uk0kA
    • Dec 2023

Rotel ra-12 bricked

I'm really hoping to find help amongst Rotel owners.

I recently purchased a Rotel RA-12 secondhand. It was in great working condition then I decided to update the software. Because why not?... Well, it was more complicated than expected since I have an early model that has a usb connection on the back panel. The official software update instructions are meant for the v2 version.

I was in contact with the official reseller who sent me a set of instructions on how to update via the USB connection with Renesas Flash development toolkit. I was successful in updating the software according to the program... Final step was a power cycle... And now the Rotel won't turn on. I get a Led light but nothing else.... It seems to be bricked.

I have looked everywhere and can't find a way to hard reset the unit. Renesas FDT seems to be able to connect but I get a Failed boot error when trying anything. I can't reset to factory settings since the unit doesn't boot.

I've tried leaving the unit unplugged for hours hoping it would somehow reset it. Nope

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Answer selected by theSven at 29 December 2023, 15:09 Friday.
    Uk0kA
    • Dec 2023

Happy to report that the reseller got back to me with great news! Rotel sent proper instructions and most importantly the right software update file for RA-12 v.01 which was different from the one made available on their website. All is well now. The unit is not only back from the dead, it's now updated to the latest software with added functionalities. I'm so grateful for Rotel's continued support even for old-ish units!

Comment

• theSven
      Master of None
      • Jan 2014

Is the reseller able to provide any further troubleshooting steps to try? Or worst case could you send it in to get repaired?
      Painter in training

Comment

• Uk0kA
        • Dec 2023

Reseller answered he didn't know what could have caused this if I followed the instructions and that he's contacting Rotel directly for further instructions
        ​​​​
        I haven't heard back...but obviously, it's the holidays.

I'm trying to figure out if there's something I can do myself else I'll bring it to the authorized repair shop.

Comment

• Uk0kA
          • Dec 2023

Happy to report that the reseller got back to me with great news! Rotel sent proper instructions and most importantly the right software update file for RA-12 v.01 which was different from the one made available on their website. All is well now. The unit is not only back from the dead, it's now updated to the latest software with added functionalities. I'm so grateful for Rotel's continued support even for old-ish units!

Comment

• theSven
            Master of None
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Uk0kA
            That's great news and thanks for sharing the update with everyone. Now you can end the year with a functioning system to enjoy.
            Painter in training

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"