X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • May 2004

Global Tech Update

Calling Aussie Geoff, Andrew, & other Experienced Rotel Upgraders!

For those who are:

1. Upgrading or who have upgraded their RSP-1068, RSX-1056, RSX-1067 with the recent Technical Update; and
    2. Downloaded from the "Global" region Rotel website,

I need some help! Rotel has issued the wrong "Software Upgrade Instructions" from Rotel's "Global" website.

I am trying to update my RSP-1068 using the following link (http://europe.rotel.com/support/techups/techup-H22.htm)from the "Global" region, as opposed to North American region.

From this link, the Software Upgrade Instructions issues the RSP-1098 Software Upgrade Instructions (http://europe.rotel.com/support/file...techupH-20.pdf) not the RSP-1068. I believe Rotel has made a mistake.

A quick visit to the North American site resolves the problem, however, the instructions are dated Jan 13th, 2005 and apply to models mentioned above and additionally the RSP-1098. The file downloads from the North American site appear to be identical in size to the Global site.

There are a set of instructions included in the RSP 1068/RSX 1056/RSX 1067 EPROM Flash Update Software link (http://europe.rotel.com/support/file...are-update.zip) (Global site) however they only relate to the EPROM Software Update and not the Software Upgrade.

Can I use the North American download despite purchsing my RSP-1068 in Australia?
    Do I use the North American Instructions and download file or the Global download file?
    Am I going crazy here worrying about getting this upgrade right on my expensive gear and perhaps risking it being out of action after I have to send it to the dealer for a repair?
    Does it really matter whether it is downloaded from the North American or Global sites?
    Has anyone attempted the download from the Global site and used the North American Instructions? :roll:
  • Raptor
    • May 2004

Anyone?

Anyone?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Sorry I didn't see this until this morning. I'll let Rotel know of the web mistake and inquire about which firmware you should be using.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Raptor,

Is the USA link - I do 99% of the time it is more up to date than the global one - thanks to the efforts of Rotel USA and some (gentle) pushing via this forum...

Geoff

Comment

• Raptor
          • May 2004

Thanks Andrew & Aussie Geoff.

I applied the Global Update for the 1068 with the Northern American Instructions.

Everything worked fine. :T

Raptor.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

FYI this issue has been addressed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

• Raptor
              • May 2004

Andrew,

Brilliant! You sure get things done. It only adds to the outstanding proffessionalism of this site and importantly helping each other.

I can only encourage everybody to communicate their troubles and try to reduce the anxieties of setup & trouble shooting. I'm sure there would be many more people out their who just read this forum without posting. Maybe they don't need to post. However, the invaluable information that does get posted is passed on to hundreds of people to help them with avoiding similar troubles with their gear (or even if they are potentially thinking of buying).

There. I said my bit. Ha!

Thanks again Andrew.

Raptor

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Any time, its only as a group that we are effective

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"