X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chross
    • Sep 2003

RSP1098 My first software-upgrade

Hello,

I just want to share my first soft upgrade experience from v1.1.0 => 2.1.2.
    Because I didn’t found the time to install the software, I was still running version 1.1.0. Today I had a free day and I decided to do the upgrade, and it went very smoothly without any error or re-trial.
    At 13:00 I took out the complete unit, placed it on my desk with my computer (running XP home)
    The following files were downloaded :
    1. The new version HyperTerminal from Andrew (thanks for that link )
    2. Software version 1.1.8 (Rotel site)
    3. Software version 2.1.2 (Rotel site)
    4. Flash program (Rotel site)

Printed all the instructions from Rotel site, and after that I started the “big job”. Knowing that there could be problems…….. 8O

I first did a reset to default Rotel setup, after that I installed with the new HyperTerminal v1.1.8. I Did a fast check and everything was ok.
    After that I did the EPROM flash, and installed v2.1.2. and re-installed the unit in the rack.
    At 15h I was listening again to music. 8) The RSP showed me V2.1.2 and I was very happy that I did the job correct.

By this I want to thank the forum and all his users, and especially Andrew for his knowledge, time and influence.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I don't know if I'd be allowing my influence to effect you that much...you might find yourself upgrading again and building another monster subwoofer...just because you like the smell of sawdust

Seriously I'm glad to hear it went well and I'm sure you'll enjoy the new features.

Comment

• Adz
      • Jan 2004

Question, Andrew:

Did he need to update to Software version 1.1.8 first? I would not have thought so.

Adz
      Adz

Comment

• hamlynfox
        • Apr 2004

What?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

No,
          No,
          No,
          No,
          and No You can jump directly to the latest firmware...but remember in this case you also need to upgrade the EPROM.

Comment

• Chross
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Adz
            Question, Andrew:

Did he need to update to Software version 1.1.8 first? I would not have thought so.
            Hi Adz,

I only installed v1.1.8 to practice and to know the duration of this operation.

Comment

• Adz
              • Jan 2004

Thanks. Oops, not sure why my post came up 6 times - It was slow last night and I thought I terminated my first post to try again but I guess it took several times!! :roll:

Adz
              Adz

Comment

• Austin
                • Jun 2004

Do we have to reset to factory default to upgrade the firmware ?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"