Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ragsboy1
    • Sep 2023

Rotel RC 1590 Mark 2 Pre Amp PC-USB connection to PC

I use the PC-USB input for my streaming from pc, using the latest Rotel drivers, over the past several months since installation, I have experienced droputs where the RC 1590 loses the connection, the PC thinks everything is OK and continues to output, but the RC 1590 inputs need to be switched to re-establish contact with the pc. This fault would occur intermittently, say after an hours streaming, or longer.

I have discovered that this USB connection must be using a USB 2 output, from the PC I have tried usb 3.1 and 3.2 with the same dropout result.

This problem has driven me crazy over the past several months and I post this hoping to save time for someone else.
    Regards Ragsboy
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Thanks for posting this to let others know- USB is a quirky interface for audio, and I've seen situations where a USB output on one side of a MacBook Pro would work fine with something like a pro Mutec MC3+ USB interface with master clock generator, and one on the other side of the MacBook Pro would develop stutters and drop outs. It seems to be related to both the sending chipset, and drivers, and the receiver chip set and drivers.

The most dead nuts reliable USB interface I've ever found has been my Berkeley Audio Alpha USB- just used for isolation and to convert to AES/EBU for connection to a high quality DAC or a reclocking system like that MC3+ or a Brainstorm DCD8, either one with either internal oscillators or with a 10MHz Rubidium reference oscillator.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"