X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdr711
    • Sep 2004

I'm new.. looking to upgrade?

New to the forum. My situation is this. I am purchasing a new home with a HT room 20 x 16. I want to go 6.1 or 7.1.

Right now I have a Yamaha rxv1400 and a b&k 7250 5ch. amp. My brother in law has been begging me to sell to him for awhile. He will give me $2000.
    I can get a 1056 + 1075 for about $2200 at a local dealer I have been talking to. Maybe could even go with a 1067. Money is tight because of the home purchase so I can't go much over the $2000 offered for my other gear.

I am no expert in this HT thing. Will I be upgrading by selling the Yammy and B&K and going with Rotel?

Thanks for any advice
    Dan
    Last edited by pdr711; 17 September 2004, 22:58 Friday. Reason: mispelled word
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

It all depends:
    1) What speakers do have?
    2) Are you going for 7.1 eventually?

Short answer "on spec" is take the RSP-1067 and 1075 if you can - both are great long term investments. You could get the RSX-1056 but the quality isn't quite as good and the in-built amps would be wasted...

Geoff

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I would do something slightly different, I would purchase the RSP-1056 and the RB-1080, (depending on your speakers). I would utilize the built-in amps of the 1056 to power the rears, and the RB-1080 to power the fronts. Volia, you are even have 7.1 ready (Dolby ProIIx), and it is indeed acoustical bliss :T , at least for me, much more enjoyable than 6.1 (if you have the room). Your mileage of course may vary.

I suggest you listen for yourself and make a determination, in your home environment if possible, on a trial basis.

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• pdr711
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
        Hi,

It all depends:
        1) What speakers do have?
        2) Are you going for 7.1 eventually?

Short answer "on spec" is take the RSP-1067 and 1075 if you can - both are great long term investments. You could get the RSX-1056 but the quality isn't quite as good and the in-built amps would be wasted...
        Geoff
        undefined
        Geoff, I thought the 1067 and 1056 were almost the same as far as the internals. The 1067 having more power of course.

My budget is about $2000-$2200 providing I sell my current equipment to my brother in law. My speakers are Onix Rockets (550,200,150). I most likely will go with a 7.1 in my new home. I am trying to help my brother in law out by selling him my rxv1400 and b&k amp for a good price. I want something just as good or better equipment to replace it so that is why I thought of Rotel.

Thanks for your advice Gents
        Dan

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Dan,

Sorry - I meant the RSP-1068 which is a pure processor not the RSX-1067...

Though if you want to go 7.1 then the suggestion of either the RSX-1056 or RSX-167 and the RB-1080 are excellent... If you are short of money initially - get the RSX-1067 on its own (i.e. no amp) and then add the amps later...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"