X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdr711
    • Sep 2004

HELP...hooked up 1056 to 1080=no sound

Just purchased a 1056 and a rb1080. Very happy untill I turned it on. I have the front speakers going to the 1080. I have the pre out FRONT L and R from the 1056 going to the unbalanced preout of the 1080. I get no sound coming from the 2 front speakers.

I hooked the front speakers up directly to the 1056 and they work. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a defective 1080?

Dan
  • Taito
    • Sep 2004

Hi Dan, just a thought... check that your 1080 is not set to receive a 12V trigger signal (switch on the back). If it is, your power light will still be on, but the amp itself will be on standby (unless it has 12V trigger connected) - hence no sound.

Hope this helps, Ben

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Do you have 12V triggers?

Check your menu settings, to ensure the proper location triggers are activated.

Also, check you manual, the trouble-shooting section. It may be a simple menu setting, esp. audio settings.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• pdr711
        • Sep 2004

Thanks so much, it was the 12v trigger problem.

Now I have another problem. I had the OSD up once but now can not get it to reappear. I am not getting any sound when I choose to listen to dvd player or sat.

Thanks for your help
        Dan

Comment

• theMaximus
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by pdr711
          Thanks so much, it was the 12v trigger problem.

Now I have another problem. I had the OSD up once but now can not get it to reappear. I am not getting any sound when I choose to listen to dvd player or sat.

Thanks for your help
          Dan
          There should be a OSD button on your remote (RR-1050) that is labeled M. As for no sound from DVD or satellite, you may need to explain your set-up (how they are connected to RSX-1056, etc...) in more detail before anyone can help you.
          Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• pdr711
            • Sep 2004

Thanks Maximus, OSD is working. I had to press aud key then osd key.

I have the dvd player connected to the 1056 by optical cable through the vid 2 input on the 1056. I then went to the osd and changed the input to vid 2 with input optical 2. I now have sound.

I did the exact same thing with my satellite except I used vid 1 input and optical 1 in the osd. My sat is a Hughes dvr not a hd though. It is connected to the 1056 by optical cable into vid 1. I still have no sound. I elected to use optical connection so I can receive DD 5.1.

any other ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Dan

Comment

• theMaximus
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by pdr711
              Thanks Maximus, OSD is working. I had to press aud key then osd key.

I have the dvd player connected to the 1056 by optical cable through the vid 2 input on the 1056. I then went to the osd and changed the input to vid 2 with input optical 2. I now have sound.

I did the exact same thing with my satellite except I used vid 1 input and optical 1 in the osd. My sat is a Hughes dvr not a hd though. It is connected to the 1056 by optical cable into vid 1. I still have no sound. I elected to use optical connection so I can receive DD 5.1.

any other ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Dan
              I seriously doubt if there is anything wrong with your optical cable, but it may be worth the try to switch the two optical cables you are using to see if the no sound problem follow one cable. Also, try a digital coax instead if your Hughes sat. receiver has that output. Also, try other audio inputs in Video 3 and Video 4 in your 1056.
              Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Some sat receivers only output via the digital connection when there's a 5.1 source playing otherwise they revert back to analog so you might have to also connect the analog cables into the video 1 jack.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                  Some sat receivers only output via the digital connection when there's a 5.1 source playing otherwise they revert back to analog so you might have to also connect the analog cables into the video 1 jack.
                  I ran in to that problem with my digital cable STB. I also ran in to the problem that the STB puts out a "blank signal" even when no digital signal is present so I couldn't use my 1066's automatic select feature to default to analog unless a digital signal was detected as there was always a digital signal even with no actual audio info. Needless to say I was a little :M but I worked around it with my touchscreen remote. Still annoying that I had to set it as two seperate components though :evil:

Jason
                  Jason

Comment

• pdr711
                    • Sep 2004

Andrew, you are correct. My satellite was reverting to analog. I could only get sound if the movie that was playing in true dd 5.1( i.e. HBO movie). I ran a simple rca red & white along with an optical. I now have sound through the sat. I hate sounding like a dumbA** and not knowing what to do. The Rotel is a little different to setup than my old Yamaha.

I do appreciate all of the help.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"