X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farbs
    • Jun 2004

I think I'm infected?

Well I was sitting in the living room the other day listening to some music through my 1055 (that I bought with the help of advice from you guys)
    and all of a sudden it hit me. I wonder how much better tis cd would sound with a power amp. 1070, 1080, maybe a 1075 and later a 1080 and then sell the 1055 and get a 1068. And I haven't even had the 1055 for that long. It's all I have been thinking about. What has happened to me
    I was once a happy non-judgemental listener, now I think I have been infected with the upgraditis bug and I don't know what to do.
    Is there a cure and do you have any advice
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Yes, there is a cure, it is called patience, but not many who have upgraditis, exhibit this form of restraint.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Check out the responses from the thread "...HT ADDICT..." There's a nasty bug going around.
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• H.Donald
        • Aug 2004

In order to be cured one must want to be cured...I for one will fight all efforts to
        remedy this dreaded[only to wives]affliction...
        You may ply my credit card from my cold dead hands...

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

:rofl: Yup sounds like you've got a bad case. But you forgot things like a dedicated CD player and/or upsampling DAC :B What about upgrading your cables too? :B Dedicated 20 amp lines and whole home surge protection? :B Room treatments? :rofl:

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• ht_addict
            • Dec 2002

Tiss a nasty bug that empties your wallet quickly. I have personally had this bug for the last 5yrs. Tried everything to get rid of it with no luck. Good Luck.

ht_addict

Comment

• alkalay
              • Jun 2004

Hi farbs,

I have been going through major upgrades through the last year with the last milestone being the purchase of a 1068 which accompanies a 1075 feeding B&W CM4’s, LCR60, 303 and an ASW 675.
              Just yesterday a good mate of mine, declaring again how sick I was, said “wow you really have nothing to add now” (he sounded serious). Needless to say me loved wife just nodded saying “yeah right… he’ll come up with something…”

I must say that after adding the 1068 something does feel different.
              I have come to a point that I enjoy a sound I truly haven’t believed could be achieved.
              So maybe there is hope…

AS I see it, if you enjoy a good sound aspiring for a good system is a good thing. :T Take the time and upgrade in stages as budget allows.
              Enjoy the stages in the way, just because there is better stuff out there (likely there will always be) doesn't mean you couldn't enjoy what you have.
              Do set yourself a goal so that when you're there you'd make the most out of it.

Itai.

Comment

• twitchie
                • Apr 2003

I must finally confess that I know the secret cure to upgraditis and will now share it with you.

1 - do not ever listen to anyone's system that is better than yours
                2 - do not ever listen to anyone who says their system is better than yours
                3 - do not believe that a system better than yours exists
                4 - repeat until you believe "new format superiority is a marketting gimmick"

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"