X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amras
    • May 2003

RSX 1055--What did you pay?

Hi all!

I'm a current owner of a Denon 3803 and it looks like I've got the bug that going around-- I'm planning on upgrading to a 1055. I was hoping to get an idea what kind of deals people were getting. I was able to get $350 off the list for the Denon but I'm sure that Rotel discounts won't be anywhere near that steep. I'd just like a guideline- If it helps I'm in the Philly/ Trenton area. THANKS.

The 3803 is a good receiver(imho better then most of the sub 1K units out there) with an AMAZING set of features...that just fell short on music. I kept convincing myself that I would get used to it- but that never happened. I even picked up a Rotel 993 and used the 3803 as a pre- but that veil on the music was still there. Don't get me wrong- the music is clean, warm, with hints of being dynamic, but the soundstage is compressed and the overall sound is not open and breathtaking as it should be. Movies are good though. But once you know what you're missing...

Thanks for the help

Amras
    Take it easy... If it comes easy, Take it twice!
    Amras
  • Tha Freak
    • Jul 2003

Not sure, but I think that the AVR-3803 and the RSX-1055 are similar...if you want to upgrade, I would go for at least the RSX-1065...

But why don't you get a nice power amp (like the RMB-1095) and keep the Denon as a pre-pro ant upgrade once again in a few time with the RSP-1098 ??

well that's what I would probably do!...

I think the AVR-3803 is quite a nice unit, and I don't hink you would make that much of an upgrade jumping to a RSX-1055...

but some more experiented friends can jump in to correct me and inform you...

And to answer your question, I paid 1700$ (canadian) plus taxes...I got 300$ off the retail price. Not much, but better than nothing...I was just buying the receiver...

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
    -Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Amras
      • May 2003

C'mon guys-- I'm just looking for an idea so I don't get taken advantage of.

Also- Does anyone have any regrets from buying the 1055 vs the 1066??

THANKS!!!

Amras
      Amras

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

My dealer typically gives me prices that are in the 15 percent off list price range. Sometimes slightly more depending on what I'm buying but that's a ball park to shoot for. Some dealers stick closer to 10 percent though while some won't even move of MSRP.

As for the 1055 vs 1066 I've owned both and when used as a pre amp they're much more similar then not...so much so that I didn't really notice any difference between the two.

Comment

• haiuy
          • Oct 2003

I paid $1150 plus tax, could have gotten it for $1100 if i paid cash.

Comment

• Ludwig Van Beethoven
            • Oct 2003

$930 shipped off Ebay yesterday for the 1055 with manuals and everything!

Comment

• art vandeleigh
              • Oct 2003

that is a good price!!!!!! they retail for $1299 but i got a 5% off, but with cali 8.25% tax i ended up paying a little over $1300.

Comment

• italia
                • Sep 2003

$1095 plus tax.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"