X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psych_o_pat
    • Dec 2004

Sick RSX-1055 - Help?

My 1055 is sick,

1- When listening to CDs by the CD analog input (left channel) makes loud popping noises (like saturation)... but using the TAPE analog input is OK.
    2- Yesterday, when listening to CDs (from the TAPE input) I switched to TV listening via my PVR cable box (the main output hooked via the digital coax input) and could ear simultaneously the sound coming from the CD and the cable box... seems that my unit is badly sick, any similar experience? what is the bug?

Pat
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Pat,

I remember one old post about a similar issue with sound breaking through from one input to the other and the unit had become defective and needed repair... From memory the problem became worse over a few weeks. I'd take it to your dealer...

Geoff

Comment

• DJDREW
      • Dec 2004

Try a reset first, that help me out from time to time with different product.
      Rotel For Life :T

Comment

• psych_o_pat
        • Dec 2004

Thanks for your recommendations

Effectively, Geoff, now I sometimes ear like if someones is playing with my speaker terminals while the system is playing (shorts pops) also in the Tape input. It's getting worse...

DJDREW, what do you mean by reset? Just unplug the unit for a short period of time? I will try that, but now it seems more and more like an hardware problem.

Pat

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"