X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pattonjg
    • Aug 2004

RSP 1066 power on

Hello,

I have have and RSP-1066 attached to the RMB-1075 amplifier for about 1 year now. Love the system! However, several times I have come home to find the RSP-1066 powered on, enough times that I cannot attribute it to forgetfullness t turn it off. Has anyone heard of this behaviour with the RSP-1066 and it's cause?

Thanks!!

Jeff
  • n3philim
    • Feb 2004

That happened to me once. Turned out there was a power failure. My guess is from the settings, it automatically reset itself when the power resumed, turning the unit on.

Comment

• pattonjg
      • Aug 2004

That's a good possibilty as my area does seem to have a lot of brief power outages. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Mary
        • Jun 2003

Check your manual and change the settings. When I first had mine had a power outage and it powered up when the power came back on. Changed the setting and does not do it anymore.

Comment

• Bill Blank
          • Sep 2002

Yep! My 1066 does it every time we lose power. Where's the setting to change it?

Bill

Comment

• Mary
            • Jun 2003

From Rotel FQA section under support for the 1066...

When turned on by the power switch, the processor remains in standby.

The RSP 1066 has several different Power options, one of which includes a mode to default the unit to Standby when it first receives AC power. This mode is helpful in situations where power outages can otherwise cause the processor to turn on when power is restored. The processor can still be turned on & off via the remote control. To change this back to its default power setting, access the OTHER OPTIONS selection of the Main Menu on the OSD. Change the POWER selection from STANDBY to DIRECT to set it back to default.

Comment

• pattonjg
              • Aug 2004

Thanks again for the information. It never accurred to mw when going through the setup menus that a power outage would turn the system on when the power was restored. I will make the change.

Jeff

Comment

• Bill Blank
                • Sep 2002

Are the power outages/power on cycles hurting our gear? If so how much? What can be done to protect them?

Thanks,
                Bill

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

They could do damage depending on how the power goes out...voltage splikes will obviously damage the gear but I think brown outs aren't healthy either. If you're getting a lot of spikes a good power conditioner/filter/surge bar would be my suggestion...for brown outs I think you'd need a UPC which would be expensive to get one large enough to do justice to HT amps.

Comment

• Azeke
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2003

Indeed, I have also experienced coming home and my RSP-1098 was on. I would definitely change the settings prevent any surge damage. If you don't have a surge you should invest in one, it is a worthwhile investment. Check the joule rating of the surge the higher the better. Most vendors provide some type of insurance guarantee, however you should read the disclamer.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Bill Blank
                      • Sep 2002

I've got everything plugged into Belkin surge protectors except for my RMB-1075, it's plugged directly into the wall.

I'll probably upgrade to some nice Tripp-Lite protectors as well as a whole-house protector at the mains box.

How would a UPC help with brown outs? What exactly is a brown out and how is different from a normal power outtage?

Bill

Comment

• Azeke
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bill Blank
                        I've got everything plugged into Belkin surge protectors except for my RMB-1075, it's plugged directly into the wall.

I'll probably upgrade to some nice Tripp-Lite protectors as well as a whole-house protector at the mains box.

How would a UPC help with brown outs? What exactly is a brown out and how is different from a normal power outtage?

Bill
                        This URL should answer most of your questions in reference to protecting your Rotel gear:

Brown Outs

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Bill Blank
                          • Sep 2002

How does everyone have their Rotel pre/pro's set:

Direct
                          Standby
                          Always On

Initially I had mine set to Direct but if Standy will prevent it from coming on after losing power than I may set it that way.

Bill

Comment

• Bill Blank
                            • Sep 2002

How well would something like this work:

Eaton provides products and expert advice to help its customers safely power and connect their computers and electronics.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"