X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saitou Hajime
    • Sep 2005

Rsp-1066

Hi,

I'm new to Rotel and have just bought a rotel rsp-1066 and am still waiting for my rmb-1075 to drive it.

In the meantime I was wondering if I could use my old Marantz SR4300 to power the rsp-1066 using the 6.1 ch input on the marantz?

Does anyone know if this will work or would it be better to wait untill I have my rmb-1075? I was hoping to start using my rotel gear as soon as possible.
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Yes, that would work. As you mentioned, just use the pre-outs from 1066 to ext input on marantz.

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

Is the Marantz a receiver or a power amp? If the latter is the case, I believe the answer is Yes.

Comment

• Pez
        • May 2004

Originally posted by thyname
        Is the Marantz a receiver or a power amp? If the latter is the case, I believe the answer is Yes.
        As long as a receiver has multi-channel analog inputs (the same input you would use for DVD-Audio or SACD) you can use it as a power amp. You set the reciever to that input (label ext in on many models) and your all set. Not something that is very common but I have seen it done before. Basically the opposite of those who use a seperate amp with a receiver. The only real issue is now you would have 2 volume controls, makes calibrating a little more tricky.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Pez
          The only real issue is now you would have 2 volume controls, makes calibrating a little more tricky.
          Correct. Depending on how much noise it introduces, he would probably want to set the Marantz at reference volume and only adjust the 1066 volume. If the marantz has a 0 reference scale, set it to 0. If it's linear like the Rotel, 75 would be a good place.

Since it's just a temporary setup, I wouldn't worry too much about heavy calibration.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"