X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KrisKeen
    • Sep 2006

RSP1066 with SACD & Pioneer 989

hi Guys

I purchased the Pioneer 989 avis universal player today and have some questions on connecting it to my rotel rsp1066/rmb1075 system

Firstly, I know I need to get 6 Analog cables for my Multichannel output on the Pioneer 989 to the Multichannel inputs of the RSP. I will be playing alot of 2CH audio using the analog outputs from the Pioneer of which I would connect to the RSP, however this means an additional 2 analog cables.

Is there a way to use the multichannel inputs for SACD but when I want 2CH analog CD from the Pioneer I can use the same inputs/outputs saving the cost of another set of analog leads?

Further, can you tell me if the RSP1066 offers full bass management and so on with SACD? Any SACD issues I should know of with this processor?

Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I would think the front multichannel outputs would also pass any 2ch information as well. I can't find the manual online, but the separate stereo output would have options for Dolby surround, etc while the mutli-channel outputs would just pass the 2ch info.

The 1066 nor the 1068 offer full bass management on the multi-ins. The only issue with the 1066 is it applies a 100hz low-pass filter to the 5 main channels and adds that information back to the .1 channel. You shouldn't worry about it, but it can be defeated with a screw driver and some wire snips.

Kevin D.

Comment

• KrisKeen
      • Sep 2006

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that info.

Its a bit worrying because ill be using a non sub system with SACD using my 603 S3's for freq under 100hz.. Not to keen on the screw driver/wire idea, but can you give me more information please?

Thanks

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

It doesn't remove the info below 100hz, it just copies it to the .1 output. Since you won't be using the .1 output you will be fine.

Kevin D.

Comment

• comeup
          • Jul 2005

KrisKeen, I love the sound of pioneer and the 989 is a awsome player especially the sound quality. I had a 59, but it wasn't compatible with my rptv I had red lines scaling down so I bought the denon 3910. If I didn't have the lines I would have kept the Pioneer the sound on it was so hifi loved it. The 989 is suppose to be better good choice. If it wasn't for those lines the picture quality of the Pioneer looked superior than the Denon much more vibrant. I know this has nothing to do with the topic I just love Pioneer dvd players good luck with yours.
          Blake

Comment

• KrisKeen
            • Sep 2006

Thanks Blake! So far I'm VERY impressed with the Sonic performance! Very!

Kevin, can you tell me more about this mod? instructions perhaps?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"