X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

1066 - new or used?

Thanks to the help of many here on these boards, as well as over at audioreview.com, I've decided to get a Rotel RSP-1066.

The question now is whether to buy new or slightly used. I've found several used pieces available for $1250+/- (with all the latest upgrades). To buy new, I'd have to pay about $250 more than that. ($1500 discounted, but with CA tax)

I don't believe that Rotel warantees are transferable. So how much of a risk is it to buy a used piece without a warantee? Is it worth $250?

Thanks or your input.

-Craig

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
    All Daredevil, All the Time!
  • vfrjim
    • Apr 2003

I am purchasing the RSP-1066 used for $1050 and the original purchaser is giving me a copy of the receipt and when I talked to Rotel (because I am bringing it to them for the hardware fix for the bass management issue), he told me that it would be fine and the warranty would be valid, I always figure, when in doubt call them.

Jim

PS: picking it up today and bringing it to Rotel (driving to them) on Tuesday.

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

$1050!!! I've never seen one that cheap!!

Though I love hearing that Rotel was cool with the warantee. I guess I should email them and ask as well. If so, I'll definately be buying the used piece.

Thanks

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
      All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• vfrjim
        • Apr 2003

Yes, $1050. I love to haggle I tried to get it for $1000, but $1050 was the lowest and threw in 2 toslink cables.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Rotel prides itself on looking after its customers so I'm sure if you had the original reciept they'd look after you.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"