X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

RDV-1050 stopped working in DTS???

Hi Everyone,
    I am using a RDV 1050 loaner from my dealer here, because my RDV 1060 had a major manufacturer problem in the laser allignment. :evil:
    The RVD 1050 loaner was working fine for the past several days with DTS and everyhting.
    Now yesterday ,when I tried out a DVD, because I have some guest comming over tonight for a movie gathering , I wanted to select the best DVD movie to make my equipment shine. So I selected a few DTS movies.
    My RDV 1050 ,even though I go into the DVD Menue and select DTS, it will ONLY play back In Dolby Prologic 2 cinema and NOT DTS. :M I tried this with various DTS movies and still the same thing ,it will not convert to DTS. :evil: I think it is not decoding the DTS signal. How come?? It played DTS a few days back, but not now. WHY??? :E The RDV1050 can play Dolby Digital, but the sound NOW in surround sounds quite weak, and not like a true Dolby Digital sound that it played before on the same player. 8O
    I know it isn't the processor, because I used my OLD cheap SONY ops: to play these movies and they palyed it in DTS and Dolby Digital correctly with NO Problem, so the problem is definitely the RDV-1050.
    I have a Movie Dinner tonight and need URGENT assistance here..Please!!
    Is there anything in the OSD of the RVD1050 that I can touch and fix this problem or is my fun over!!! :roll:
    My dealer says that he believes there might be a decoding problem.?? Go figure!!!
    I know I am getting a NEW Marantz DV9600 In several days ,but that won't help my Dinner Movie problem that I will encounter tonight ,because I can't play the movie in DTS. :twisted:
    Anyone out there with technical back ground that can help me immediately and URGENTLY.
    Thanks In advance, ;x(
    Chinets
  • Marlboroman
    • Aug 2005

You should just put the player into stream/PCM and then select the DTS track from the DVD and be all set. You may try resetting the RDV-1050 to see if it helps. Tech support told me the reset is:

RDV 1050 - With the unit unplugged, press and hold the STOP and PLAY buttons simultaneously, then reconnect the power cord and release the two buttons. The front panel should read ‘JC 0’. Press and release the PAUSE button. The front display will change to 'JC 00'. Power down the unit using the STANDBY button to complete reset.

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

Thank you so much Marlboroman, I will try it tonight once I get back from work.
      Wow if this works..You are a genious man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks for your kind assistance I appreciate it so much. I hope it works and got my fingers crossed here!
      Ciao,
      Chinets

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

my 1068 now noisy at all five speakers
        so i have to stop upgrade to 7 chaanel

Comment

• chinets
          • Jun 2005

Thanks Marloboroman

Marloboro Man, ;x(
          Thanks it worked and the RDV-1050 works in DTS perfect!!!!!!!!
          Thanks for your help,
          God Bless,
          Chinets :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"