X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btully
    • May 2004

RSP 1098 TFT Stretches 4:3

Some of my DVDs are 4:3. However, whatever I do, the 1098's TFT display stretches this material the full width of the display. I do, however, get a proper 4:3 ratio from my monitor when I take the composite signal that is feeding the TFT and use it to feed the monitor. Is this something lacking in the 1098, or am I doing something wrong? Can others get a proper 4:3 aspect ratrio on the RSP 1098's TFT screen?
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

I think that is probably normal. You can not expect too much from that little TFT. I mean, it is probably used mainly for on screen display from most people. I have not played around with the TFT too much, but does it say in the owners manual that you can change the TFT format?

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Are you watching DVD's on the TFT?? As far as I know you can't change the aspect, it's going to stretch everything. But for what its worth, does it really matter?

Technically you can buy a Rotel 1040 or 1050 DVD player. It has the ability to send 4x3 DVD's out as 4x3 with black bars on the sides..

Kevin D.

Comment

• btully
        • May 2004

not watching

I am not watching the DVDs on the 1098, just curious that it stretches 4:3. My Sony 9000ES player sends 4:3 out to my main display with black bars on the side just fine. I am surprised that a signal that the main display gets right is stretched by the TFT. If this is how it is, fine, it is not really a big deal. I just wonder if I am doing something wrong.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"