X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • >>Angel<<
    • Jan 2006

RSP1098 TFT display activation.

Hi,

I recently bought the RSP1098 (next to the RMB1075) in combination with the RDV1060, what a nice combination this is . However I do have some issues/questions:

- How can I enable color on the TFT display when DVD video is passed (via composite video) to the 1098? I know that there's a problem passing color via composite video when the 1060's video output setting has been set to: SCART RGB, but can this e.g. be corrected via a software update or should I learn to live with this feature/bug?

- My software version of the 1098 is 3.1.5 and I am having difficulties in finding the right approach in activating the 1098's TFT screen when listening to an audio source without video output. When the TFT setting in the 1098's menu has been set to: ALWAYS ON, the TFT screen will be lit (displaying only a black screen) during playback. A non preferable setting looking at the unnessecary activation of the backlight
    When I enable the option: SLEEP MODE during such a playback, the TFT screen nicely switches off after a couple of seconds, but will activate again with each e.g. volume de/increase action. I don't think this feature will expand the TFT's lifespan

Can you help me out & what's your experience?

Angelo
    *RSP-1098*RMB-1075*RT-1080*Mission M5 series*Marantz DV-9600*Samsung LE52-F96*
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not sure on the 1060, but make sure you have the 1098 set to the correct tv type (ntsc, pal, secam).

As far as the TFT, you should have another setting called ALWAYS OFF. You will know when you hit this as the display immediately turns off. To get it back on without a tv, hold down menu on the front unit until you hear a second click. This puts the unit back on SLEEP MODE, where you can then hit menu and change it back.

Kevin D.

Comment

• >>Angel<<
      • Jan 2006

Kevin,

Thanx for your quick response.

The 1098 has been set to the correct tv type (in my case PAL) as is the 1060.
      Looking at the problem and some related threads on this forum I am pretty sure the problem lies within the 1060:-(

I checked the 1098's display menu for the option (always off) you indicated but I can't find it, the only 2 options are: always on or sleep mode. I reckon Rotel removed this option in the software version my 1098 is running on. Can you indicate what your software version is of the 1098?

Thanx in advance,
      Angelo
      *RSP-1098*RMB-1075*RT-1080*Mission M5 series*Marantz DV-9600*Samsung LE52-F96*

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Same as yours, 3.1.5. I go to the setup menu, display, TFT SCREEN. My three settings are ON ALWAYS, OFF ALWAYS, SLEEP MODE.

You will have to view the menu on a TV or just know it's right as the TFT shuts down as soon as you click it to OFF ALWAYS.

If you don't have that option I would call Rotel and see what would cause it to be missing.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Pilroy
          • Oct 2003

Hi Angel,

try to play with the last setting, "OSD OUTPUT", putting it to MONITOR or SCREEN+MONITOR. To have OSD issued to an external monitor should make the option you wish appear
          At least it works so on my unit with firmware 2.18 .

I guess that Rotel put a kind of security here, to prevent MSUs (most of stupid users) to place themselves in an interesting situation with no access to the OSD ...

I can understand this, as long as one isn't aware of Kevin's shortcut with the menu button on the unit.

Cheers,
          Pit

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by >>Angel<<
            Hi,
            - How can I enable color on the TFT display when DVD video is passed (via composite video) to the 1098? I know that there's a problem passing color via composite video when the 1060's video output setting has been set to: SCART RGB, but can this e.g. be corrected via a software update or should I learn to live with this feature/bug?

Angelo
            In the input menu screen, there two sections: audio source and video source. The TFT will display the video source, so make sure the correct DVD video source input is selected.
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

Can't Understand But Mine Dispalys In Colour????

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"