X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Rotel and interconnects

I am looking for recommendations on some reasonably priced interconnects to use between my SACD player and my 1055. I usually use the digital input for CD's but would like to upgrade the analog side for SACD.

I am using M&K speakers. I would prefer suggestions other than Monster and preferably cables I can demo from a store or mail order with a good return policy.

Thanks
  • bigkid
    • Feb 2003

Hi Gianni,

I am using Tara Labs 5500i Prism interconnects from CD and DVD-A to Pre-Pro. I also use Van Den Hul "The Bay" C5 Hybrids Pre-Pro -> Power Amp. The C5's are more reasonably priced but get great reviews. I am happy with both and would have settled on the C5's all round but for a credit that I had in a shop which only stocked Tara Labs product - I was also happy to pay a little more for the Tara Labs as a longer cable run was needed and I didn't want to risk degradation. Many would say that I needn't have spent what I did for a perfectly acceptable sound, they are probably right, but after spending what I did on my gear I really wasn't prepared to take the chance. I also didn't want to be fiddling about with internconnects for the next few years.

I got the C5's from a UK site. Not knowing where you come from, you might want to look here:

http://www.hificables.co.uk/acatalog/Cable_catalogue_Van_den_Hul_Phono_Interconnects_16 .html

I haven't had to return anything to these people but service was prompt.

And, for a review, you could check out here:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_list.asp?category=CAB&subcategory=ANALG

Choice of interconnects, much like speaker cable, tends to be a somewhat controversial subject. Some will be very happy with less expensive interconnects (as I have been) and others will spend a hell of a lot more.

Good luck.

Allan

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

I like and use Ultralink cables. They are reasonably priced and very well made.

You can see there site here.

Maziar

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Allan and Maziar -- thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Gianni-

In case you're not aware, I've got to point out that the owner of this forum also offers custom cables or varying types, through his various companies like Zeus Cable and Cat Cables. You may want to start at www.catcables.com and then click around to see what you like. He's great to work with.

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

I've got to point out that the owner of this forum also offers custom cables or varying types
            Thanks Chris, I would likely state that a little bit differently. I offer a wide variety of production models, and many custom variations and custom products.

For example. I have 2 SACD or DVD Audio cables, that I build for customers, that are not actually on the web site. One high grade copper, the other silver. So, there are many options not on the web sites.

Doug

Cable Guy DVD Collection
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"