X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cblasco
    • Feb 2006

hum on rmb 1095

Just purchased the 1095 but its got a really bad hum going on. My system is the 1095, parasound pre-amp, sony dvd player, Infinity Kappa 9 speakers, Tara labs interconnects, sl waber 2400VA power conditioner, sony tv and monster cable speaker wire. The hum is apparent when the amp is turned on, even by itself. Everything is plugged into the power conditioner which doesn't seem to help because I still get the hum even when the amp is plugged directly into the wall and also when there are no interconnects connected to the amp - just speakers. The hum comes out of all speakers not just one. At this point, I don't have any idea what else to do. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Cal
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Do you have a cable TV box? If so, try disconnecting that.

Comment

• cblasco
      • Feb 2006

Just used a ground buster on the whole system and that fixed the problem. I'm not real keen on the idea of having a floating, for safety reasons, but if it fixes the problem I'm going with it. I guess there was a grounding loop in there somewhere. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

Easy solution. Take it back get an rmb-1077.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by cblasco
          Just used a ground buster on the whole system and that fixed the problem. I'm not real keen on the idea of having a floating, for safety reasons, but if it fixes the problem I'm going with it. I guess there was a grounding loop in there somewhere. Thanks for the advice.
          Well the good news is since the adapter removed the buzzing, you could find the problem and fix it. Just depends on how much you want to deal with it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rhoffman000
            • Sep 2004

The normal source is from your cable TV line not being properly grounded. There are a couple devices out there that you can use to stop this. I use one by Jensen that works well.

Comment

• SQconstable
              • Mar 2005

No. wait! Before you spend any money, you need to do this:

Take a single speaker wire and try affixing it securely to any of the outer RCA's on the 1095 inputs. I do this by unscrewing the outer sleeve ring just a little bit and then screw it back against the wire so it kinda crimps it. Now take the other end of that wire and do the same with another RCA outer sleeve on the processor end. It doesn't have to be an audio input either. I've found any of the interconnects' negatives can be attached together until the buzz goes away. For example, I have my right front RCA (-) attached to the center preampoutput of processor (1068 ) and the buzz went away 80%. Then I found the rest of it went away when I attached a wire from one of the component video's to another on the cable box. In all cases, I found that attaching this grounding between ANY negative part of an RCA between the amp to the processor (or cable box or both) eliminated most of the buzzing. You do not need to buy any fancy equipment for this.

Maybe some info like this could be made into a sticky.. i could provide pics of what I'm talking about if it's confusing.

Good luck.. you'll find that after about two RCA groundings between units, the only last bit of noise you'll hear is the self-inherent noise of the processor or amp.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"