X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heiko
    • Jan 2003

The waiting is the hardest part

I have been lurking around this forum for a while and now I have something to share. Last Friday I visited my local Rotel dealer to finally take the plunge into the world of separates. I have my eyes,ears and heart set on the RMB-1095 for quite some time and believe me I am more than ready to take this baby home. Unfortunately they are fresh out of 1095s and I have to wait for their next order to arrive, which should be around Wednesday or Thursday this week. Here I am now counting down the hours, desperatly waiting for the phone call of my dealer.
    Sorry for the rambling but I thought I can share with some guys who can understand.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to the club! I know you'll enjoy your Rotel gear...

Comment

• skullmurdoc
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Heiko
      Unfortunately they are fresh out of 1095s and I have to wait for their next order to arrive, which should be around Wednesday or Thursday this week.
      Same thing for me. I went to a Rotel dealer last wednesday to buy a Rotel RSP-1066/RMB-1075 combo and they had nothing from Rotel in store. So Now I have to wait until Thuesday, if i'm not mistaken.
      So I feel your pain. I cant wait to plug everything and set up my gear.
      Like you said, waiting is the hardest part!

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
        • Dec 2002

Another victem here..........

Allready waiting (since last year december, 31th), it should be delivered to the dutch importdealer this thursday. Than transported it to the headquators of the business, and then to the locale store where I bought the RSP1066.....

It hurts.......

------------------------------------------------------
        Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• bsmith15
          • Jan 2003

I had the same shock when I went to upgrade to the RB-1080. Good thing I have found about Rotel and thier dealers versus other manufacturers...the wait for restocking, even though painful, seems to be short.

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Yes, welcome to Rotel Central. I had to wait for three weeks to get my 1066, then it came in the wrong color. A week and a half more and I finally got it. Believe me, it's worth the wait. You're in for a treat.

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

:P Argh! I went into the local dealer on saturday last to buy an antenna for my OTA HDTV tuner. While there, I was looking at what was new since I bought my Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver 3 years ago. ABSOLUTELY no intention of upgrading at this time. :?

After looking at the Yammie RX-Z1 and the Denon 4803 the salesperson had me check out the Rotel stuff. I went home with some literature, and spent most of saturday and sunday researching these items on the net.

This afternoon after I work, I went back and purchased my 1066 and 1095. BUT... He did not have a matching set. 2 black amps, and 2 silver prepro's. :roll: :x :cry: :evil:

He said I should have the amp by Friday.

I want it, I want it, I want it.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• wng
                • Dec 2002

I bought a whole 5.1 setup at once and had to wait a whole month for all the gear to arrive. :cry: But it'll be worth the wait, trust us.

Comment

• Rock Dog
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2003

Oh Yeah. I never did get an HDTV antenna. 8O

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• kendrid
                    • Dec 2002

HDTV antenna? You can use any antenna for HDTV. My $50 one from Radioshack works fine. The ones labeled 'HDTV' are just marketing hype. In most cases they actually work worse than a normal antenna.

Visit avsforum.com's HDTV hardware or 'local HD' forums for more info.

------
                    Kevin
                    ------
                    Kevin

Comment

• Claude D D
                      • Jan 2003

I was lucky.I had a RB1080 in black (I was using a Sony STRDA5ES as a pre/pro and surround amp)when I wandered in to visit my buds at the local Rotel dealer.I was thinking of just getting a RMB1075.Then I saw and heard the RSP1066/RMB1075(in silver) while they were doing a demo for another guy.I'm just very thankfull that I have a wife that can appreciate my hobby as I came home with my 1066/1075 ( in silver )combo ( I blew our bathroom renovation money on the Rotel gear) I did have to wait for a couple of weeks for the silver RB1080 to come in to swap for my black one.Check out pics in the gallery
                      http://www.htguide.com/bilder/images/704/Latest%20HT%20pic.JPG

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                        • Dec 2002

and your bathroom?

Comment

• beetle99
                          • Dec 2002

My dealer in The Netherlands called me today that my equipment arrived. So now I am the proud owner of a silver RSP-1066 and RMB-1075 together with a black RB-1080. The 1080 is in black because it is situated between the front speakers in a fully darkened room. I want no reflection from the crt on the silver.

greetings,
                          Stefan

Comment

• beetle99
                            • Dec 2002

See my website for the pictures

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                              • Dec 2002

my dealer reported me, that the 1066 hasn't arrived (also in Holland)

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                                • Oct 2002

Don't complain for this short waiting! I had to wait 1 month last summer for my silver RMB-1095! Yes, 1 month... that was a long wait...
                                To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• WallaceBW
                                  • Jan 2003

I walked into my HT shop friday and walked out with a 1066/1075 combo :T

Just waiting on my silvercats now.

BTW: the PDF file that shows the pinout of the serial cable is wrong... What's the difference between pins 3&5 VS 4&6.... the unit TURNING BACK ON :evil: .... Oh well I revised the cable and got the 1066 up to 2.2.4 and running again...

Between this combo (even on the crappy included interconnects) and the old reciever that it replaced the difference is night and day... I'm not sure if it's better processing or better speaker control (better amp) -- probably a combonation of both but imaging is 10x better and clarity is better. Soundstage is more acurate in two channels and Multi-channel with a drasticly reduced noise floor . I hate using this word but it is also more 'airy' and responsive... The D-Day scene in Saving Private Ryan, opening to Titan AE, Star Wars Episode Two Stadium Scene and others never were so precise.

I was watching digital cable (which sends matrixed stereo) in Pro-Logic II. It sounded great. I revisited some of my VHS collection like Terminator 2 and they all sounded more like discrete channels than ever before. (odviously not DD or DTS but still better than ProLogic 1)

Hold on to your hats....

After two hours of programming the remote I have put all the other ones in a drawer never to clutter the room again. :T :T (Two Thumbs Up). I have reached the meca!

Brian

Comment

• Ron Reda
                                    • Jan 2003

Well, I'm in the "Waiting Room" now as well...

I just ordered my silver 1066 on Sunday, but it'll be arriving next Tuesday, so I can't really complain.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                      • Dec 2002

I'm out of the waitingroom! Yesterday it arrived!

Rotel has included the datacable, 5 interlinks (cheap standard cable) and the remote RR1050. And I just bought the RR1090

The only thing that I'm missing, are those 12v trigger cables. Lets talk to the local dealer!

First impressions: It sounds wonderfull, better than my Denon AVR3802, but the menu's are worse, and far less handier. ALso the options, I think the Denon is much more better configuable, but I'm very happy, I'll never buy the Denon 3802 back!

Comment

• WallaceBW
                                        • Jan 2003

the 12V cable is just a standard mono 'mini-headphone' style male-to-male...

Brian

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by WallaceBW
                                          the 12V cable is just a standard mono 'mini-headphone' style male-to-male...

Brian
                                          Indeed! You could use a 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo cable as well. Everywhere I went was out of monos, so I bought the stereo. No Problem.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Ron Reda
                                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
                                            Rotel has included the datacable, 5 interlinks (cheap standard cable) and the remote RR1050.
                                            Sweet! I'm hoping for the same thing then.

I too dig the menus on my Denon 3802, so I'm gonna miss 'em...

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"