X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Will Rotel warranty this?

I'm just curious if you think Rotel will warrant this.

Here's what happened. I'm watching the Pens game last night. And of course they are pulling an EPIC FAILURE. So right at the time of me thinking well, it's my mojo, I don't have the 1098 set to 52 on the volume control. It's either 52 or 55 one or the other causes them to win.

So I go to change the volume and like once a day or once every couple of uses, the remote fails to respond, flickers a little bit and eventually "resets" itself. So I wait and wait and wait...and nothing. So I do the infamous "smack it to see if it will start working again" trick. Well this time, when I look, it's ALL chinese/japanese characters. I wish I had a picure of it, never before seen it in my life. Along with that, no button does anything on the remote.

So I pull the batteries let it sit put them back in, no dice. All I get is a small waiting lit up in the lower right hand corner of the display. I wait... for 20 minutes I wait. At that point I take the batteries out again, hold the reset, put the batteries in, press the reset, press the language button... all of this gets nothing but the waiting message on the remote. NOR do any buttons on the remote, pointing another remote at it and seeing if it's stuck in the "learning" phase... Nada.

So at this point, I'm stuck on 53 (unlucky to the Pens) number and the HABS go ahead and score 3 more goals during this process. Yes I know that I could've changed the volume on the front... that's not the point, the point is the remote wasn't working! ha ha.

So needless to day I'm wondering if Rotel will warranty this... I'm thinking my 1098 is 4 or maybe 5 years old.

Let me know what you think.

Yes they should it's all their fault the Pens lost because I couldn't change the volume.
    25.00%
    Well No, but it'd be nice if they did anyways.
    33.33%
    Are you Retarded!?
    41.67%
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

On a side note, there is definitely little to no way to open the remote up without breaking it. They do not make this thing serviceable. :roll: :rofl:
    -Dan

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

Wanted to go with the "Are you retarded" but thought that a little harsh ...but funny.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Ha ha ha!

That's why I put it on there!

It's just to be a little bit of a comic relief! :B

I had bought another RR-1050 off ebay brandnew for $30 shipped to replace this one about 4 months ago. I was just waiting for this one to die....and well now it has. It's amazing how bad this one had gotten the new one responds instantly and I barely have to touch the buttons. It's enough to make me wonder if mine was a little bit faulty from the beginning as it never (at least as much as I remember) responded like the new one does.
        -Dan

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Here's a picture of where the screws are if anyone would want to open the remote without breaking it. Noted there are plastic tabs all around the remote holding the edges together. However, if you remote these 6 screws you can get the remote open.

Red dots are the screws and I have the new remote next to it so you can see where they are under the label.

-Dan

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

You left one choice off your list.............
            The one that goes:

"It's Dan's fault the Penns lost.....he should be hung, drawn & quartered, the remnants of his body scattered to the four corners of the earth and Rotel should pay to have the Stanley cup at my house for a week of decadent activities and partying"

I vote for that one seventeen times.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Gianluca
              • Oct 2008

I'll just keep it to my self
              Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• wkhanna
                Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Hoping the Hab's go all way!

That's way uha uha Halak it! :W
                _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Gianluca
                  • Oct 2008

Ironically, I am beginning to have issues with my remotes. :roll:
                  Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

After those last two games I wouldn't doubt it.

Post some pictures if you need to! It helps! lol
                    -Dan

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"