X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott Ryan
    • Feb 2003

Rotel Questions

Hello,

Have some questions for you Rotel folks. First, some background. I am in the middle of having built our HT/Family Room. The room measures 25x13x8. On one end is a gas fireplace and custom cabinets/shelves. The other end is an open staircase an half wall to the main level.

I have some equipment already bought. I already have the Fujitsu P50 plasma display. I also already have the speakers bought. The fronts are brand new. They are Triad In-Wall Gold 6 LCR's for the left/right. The center is a Triad Silver 6 Center. I went with in-walls to clean up the look (WAF)!

The surrounds will be my used Def Tech BPX surrounds. I have four of these. Two will be mounted half way down the side walls just past the seating postion. The other two MUST be mounted towards the back of the side walls. I CANNOT mount them across the back wall as there really anywhere to mount them.

The subwoofer will be a SVS unit. I am waiting for their cube styles to be released.

My DVD player is on order. It is the new Yamaha DVD-S2300 (plays DVD-A, SACD's, etc).

I will be running HD satellite, most likely Direct TV through the Sony STB. The majority of our use will be satellite and DVD's.

My current HT receiver is a two year old Integra DTR 9.1 (version 1).

Now, on to my questions. I went into my dealer to see about trading to the new Integra DTR 9.1U2 THX Ultra 2, DPLII, etc). I did not want to pay $500 to upgrade my current 9.1, especially with the warranty being up.

While there, he told me he is now a Rotel dealer. Hmmmm, I've heard good things about Rotel. Maybe I should switch! I can live with seperates.

So, I what do you folks think of my going with a RSP-1066 paired with a RMB-1075? I would wire up all the speakers for 7.1 right now and either add a RB-1050 right away, or wait a bit. I do listen to a bit of FM radio so I might need to add the RT-1080 tuner to the mix.

How do you honestly think this set-up would match up to the DTR 9.1?? I really have had no problems with the Integra and have liked its performance over the last two years.

The other thing I thought of was to wait for the 1098 to come out in a month or two. Sounds like a nice unit, not sure I like the price. That pair to the 1075 might really be the ticket!

Thanks in advance.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

scott I'd definatly give the rotel seperates a try. If you need a tuner you might consider getting the 1055 instead of the 1066. Its a receiver but when paired with power amps it sounds extremely close to the 1066 pre amp with the added benefits that it incudes a tuner and you can redirect some of the internal amps to power those rear surrounds so you don't have to buy two power amps to get 7.1 sound

Comment

• Madd
      • Jan 2003

How do you honestly think this set-up would match up to the DTR 9.1?? I really have had no problems with the Integra and have liked its performance over the last two years.

I would say the Rotel Combo will Smoke the Integra! :LOL:

Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!
      Never argue with a fool,one may not know the difference!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"