X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

RC1570 vs RSP1572

I currently own an RSP1572 and I'm wondering if the RC1570 would be much better than the RSP1572. Anyone with some experience on this?
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

Is there no one with experience of both?

Comment

• ldgibson76
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by TimbaLand
      I currently own an RSP1572 and I'm wondering if the RC1570 would be much better than the RSP1572. Anyone with some experience on this?
      Originally posted by TimbaLand
      Is there no one with experience of both?
      Hello TimbaLand.

I'll preface this reply with the acknowledgement that I have not owned either Rotel product you're inquiring about, however, I am very familiar with the products. When you say "better", how do you mean? In other words, it depends on your goal and what you're trying to achieve with either device. As you know, the RSP-1572 is a Pre amp processor with a primary directive for Home Theater performance, sort of a jack of all trades. The RC-1570 is a pre-amp and a damn good one. Music is it's forte. XLR inputs, high quality RCA and phono stage. Not to mention due to it's configuration, provides a more direct signal path for audio playback, dedicated DAC's for each input, it list goes on and on.

So if your goal is to get improved music playback, then yes, based on the specs/white paper, the RC-1570 is the better of the two, but the RSP-1572 is no slouch either. It's a Rotel!!! Music is the virtue with any of the Rotel devices. Again, it's all about what you want to accomplish. If home theater surround sound with the video switching and upconverting is your priority, stick with the 1572. Hopefully, the 1572 has and will continue to provide you with an awesome surround sound/video experience.

Another option for improved music playback, if that is indeed what you're interested in, adding a standalone DAC such as the Rotel RDD-1580 or kick it old school and opt for the RDD-06. By the way, there are many DAC's on the market to choose from. I was just trying to keep it in the (Rotel) family. Just a suggestion.

By the way, from what I saw, you have a very impressive setup. Congrats!
      Regards,

ldgibson76
      My Setup
      The 2 Channel Within
      "Chance favors only the prepared mind."
      -Louis Pasteur

"Foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      -Douglas Adams

Comment

• TimbaLand
        • Aug 2013

I love good audio playback for both HT and stereo which I get a good dose of both on the RSP but as you said being an HT pre/pro it is good but the RC isbetter. It would be nice to demo both in my room and make a decision

Comment

• Audiobliss
          • Feb 2015

If you love both HT and stereo, maybe you should separate them like I finally did. I had many prepros for years in the HT system, I got tired of all the glitches and complications. So I bought a OPPO 105 and dedicated the processing to that. Now I have the RC 1570 with HT bypass for when I need 5.1.

The Oppo is perfect for that job when you need it, otherwise its pure RC 1570 or 1580 directly to my RB 1582MKII.

AB.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"