X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Trouble with my RSP1572

I might have a problem with my RSP1572 When I use the dac's in the rsp1572 to hear music from my rcd1072 via coax i get a low and short cracking noise in my speakers between songs, this does not happen when I use normal rca connection from the cd to the pre/pro. does anybody knows what the problem is?
  • ldgibson76
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Mikael
    I might have a problem with my RSP1572 When I use the dac's in the rsp1572 to hear music from my rcd1072 via coax i get a low and short cracking noise in my speakers between songs, this does not happen when I use normal rca connection from the cd to the pre/pro. does anybody knows what the problem is?
    Hello Mikael.

I would perform a series of tests. (Process of elimination).

1) I would make sure that the coaxial digital terminal on both the RSP-1572 and the RCD-1072 are dust free. Use a lent free rag or feather duster, then reconnect and test. If you are still hearing the cracking go to the next step....

2) Re-Assign the RCD-1072 to another coaxial input. There are at least 3 others to choose from. Once connected to a different terminal, if the noise disappears, then you have narrowed it to on specific terminal. If you still hear the noise, then there's a chance that it may be the cable.

3) Change out the coaxial digital cable. Then test. If you are still experiencing the noise, then it's time to remove the RDC-1072 and try another device in it's place.

4) If you have another digital device with a coaxial connection, like a DVD player or blu-ray player, connect it with a coaxial cable and then see if you still get the noise. If you don't, then it could be the RCD-1072.

5) If you are still get the noise after switching players then it may well be the RSP-1572's Coaxial digital stage. If that's the case, I suggest you contact the retailer you purchased from or Rotel directly.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
    Regards,

ldgibson76
    My Setup
    The 2 Channel Within
    "Chance favors only the prepared mind."
    -Louis Pasteur

"Foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

Thanks ldgibson76

I have the same problem with my bd player, so I will try using another coax input on the rsp1572. I have emailed Rotel and I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

Comment

• ldgibson76
        • Aug 2011

Hello again Mikael.

Has Rotel responded yet to your inquiry about the issues you're having with the coaxial digital connection? Also, what were the results when you tried using another coaxial input on the 1572?
        Regards,

ldgibson76
        My Setup
        The 2 Channel Within
        -Louis Pasteur

-Douglas Adams

Comment

• Mikael
          • Aug 2007

I have not heard from Rotel I send them an email and I called them and the guy I talked to said that I would get a call from them with an answer. It is 3 days ago I called them and a week since I mailed to Rotel and still no answer.
          I have tried with a different cable and all of the coax inputs and my BD player and I still get the cracking noise. I asked my dealer if he knew what the problem could be and he said that maybe it was noise from the the powergrid or it could be digital niose and that the RSP1572 didn't have a buffer circuit on the coax inputs that would eliminate the noise.

Comment

• ldgibson76
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Mikael
            I have not heard from Rotel I send them an email and I called them and the guy I talked to said that I would get a call from them with an answer. It is 3 days ago I called them and a week since I mailed to Rotel and still no answer.
            I have tried with a different cable and all of the coax inputs and my BD player and I still get the cracking noise. I asked my dealer if he knew what the problem could be and he said that maybe it was noise from the the powergrid or it could be digital niose and that the RSP1572 didn't have a buffer circuit on the coax inputs that would eliminate the noise.
            Mikael, did you purchase from an authorized Rotel retailer? If you did, then, in an immediate fashion, I'd return to that retailer with RSP-1572 and receipt of purchase in hand demanding (politely, of course) that a diagnostic be performed to determine the issue with coaxial digital stage. If a repair and/or replacement is in order, than they ought to make it happen. At the minimum, giving you a loaner pre-pro or AVR until the RSP-1572 is repaired or deemed defective and replaced. If you did not purchase from an authorized Rotel retailer, was there some type of warranty accompanying the device when purchased?
            Regards,

ldgibson76
            My Setup
            The 2 Channel Within
            -Louis Pasteur

-Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"