Does the RSP-1572 remote work with the 1570?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tino D'Voe
    • Jan 2002

Does the RSP-1572 remote work with the 1570?

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a replacement remote for my RSP-1570 and its showing up as $150 on the parts store site, http://www.bwgroupusa.com/bwgroup-pa...e-control.html

vs. $21 for the RSP-1572 remote, RR-CX94 http://www.bwgroupusa.com/bwgroup-pa...e-control.html

Does anyone know if it will work with the 1570 as well?

Thanks in advance.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The IR codes are the same, so the remote will work. I don't believe the 1572 remote has the tape input command, and obviously the 1572 remote cannot learn or control other devices.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Tino D'Voe
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Kevin D
      The IR codes are the same, so the remote will work. I don't believe the 1572 remote has the tape input command, and obviously the 1572 remote cannot learn or control other devices.

Kevin D.
      Ok thanks but that's strange, I tried emailing support and this was my response:

The RR-CX94 will not control a RSP-1570. The only remote we have available, that can control a RSP-1570, is the RR-1061.

So I guess the only way to know for sure is to test the remote. Has anyone tried the CX94 with a 1570 and it worked?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

My apologies. I've been using RS232 control for so long. I looked up the IR codes tonight and they did in fact change the codes for the main zone. Zone's 2-4 remain the same, and the main zone only changed by one byte, but the old codes will not control my 1562. Sorry for the misleading information.

I did check all previous IR codes and they are the same up to the 1570. So you can search ebay for a RR-1050 or RR-969.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"