X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

RC1570 vs. RSP1572

Hi guys

I currently have an RSP1572 which is an excellent processor for both movies and stereo. Will there be much to gain in stereo if I were to buy the RC1570 and use it for stereo?

The rest of my system consist of RMB1585 which I use to drive the B&W 804 diamond and HTM2 diamond, RMB1565 driving 4 x B&W ccm382, and a DB1 sub
  • franin
    • Jul 2006

Wrong thread but how do you find the DB 1 sub ? They seem like a very nice subwoofer

Comment

• TimbaLand
      • Aug 2013

It's a very good sub. It throws everything back at you. It can break your walls apart if you don't tame it down. After room EQ I find it comes and disappear on demand. I had a dual pv1D before the Db1 and I don't regret the upgrade

Comment

• franin
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by TimbaLand
        It's a very good sub. It throws everything back at you. It can break your walls apart if you don't tame it down. After room EQ I find it comes and disappear on demand. I had a dual pv1D before the Db1 and I don't regret the upgrade
        They look nice as well

Comment

• TimbaLand
          • Aug 2013

Anyone with anything to contribute on the stereo performance of the RC1570 vs. RSP1572

Comment

• JDH
            • Sep 2004

I use a Bel Canto pre 3 with a Rotel RSP-1572 in HT bypass, there is a difference that I like over the RSP-1572 but it isn't huge. I haven't used the Rotel pre you refer to but again I'd suggest it would sound similar to the RSP-1572 in 2ch stereo and even closer in pure analogue bypass etc. You would probably only introduce it into your system if you needed tne extra analogue connectivity. Is it possible to get a loan of one ?

JDH
            Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• TimbaLand
              • Aug 2013

I'll try see if I can get a loan. The stereo performance I get now is great but things can ways be improved

Comment

• JDH
                • Sep 2004

You might also consider a dedicated higher end 2ch power amp to drive your main speakers (they need a bit of power and control to drive well) also do you have a decent analogue source to feed the pre amp? If not consider an amp or source upgrade first.

JDH
                Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• TimbaLand
                  • Aug 2013

I play apple lossless via Apple TV. Regarding power I'm not too sure if I need more. I had a Rotel RB1090 running my fronts before and I don't miss anything after getting rid of it and using the RMB1585 to drive the fronts.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"