X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr.dlo
    • Feb 2015

10 year old RX-1052

I have a ten year old Rotel RX-1052 and have a few questions. The old speakers I was using have bit the dust. Is the RX-1052 worth keeping? If so, should I have it tested?

Also, I was thinking of getting Axiom M22 v4 bookshelf speakers, as the room isn't very large. Is that a good choice? If so, and I decide to add a subwoofer, any recommendations?

Thanks
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

The RX-1052 is an excellent 100 watt 2 channel stereo receiver! I suggest you dust it off and fire it up to see if it still works. If it works.......well then.......it works! No testing needed. This amp will destroy any bookshelf sized speaker and drive them with ease!

Your choice of speakers seems fine but Paradigm, PSB and B&W are also excellent choices too. I would suggest that you buy a powered sub (10 inches or larger) that matches your mains, both in model series and driver composition for a more seamless sound.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"