Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodH
    • Aug 2002

Looking to do higher end "bookshelf" 2 way w/ 5-6" mids, .20-.35 cu/ft size

I am looking to do something that isn't too small (like so many desktop/computer monitors using a <4" mid) and isn't too big (many "bookshelfs" out there really arent true "bookshelf" in size). I have a main system than consists of Mc Pre/pro and amps, with B&W 804s mains and HTM1 center. This build isn't something that will take the place of that, but use in a bedroom using a Pioneer Elite receiver I have kicking around collecting dust. I have done a lot of searching and I can find a lot of budget systems and a lot of very expensive ones, I can also find a lot that use 4" mids that are more for near field listening, but just not many that use a 5"-6" mid. (looking to spend <$500 on everything except the enclosure).

2 channel system, emphasis on music > HT. I will use a small HSU sub to fill in the bass, but this is mostly for low level listening and not huge theater. I casually took a look at some new B&W 805 and it is incredible how pricing has gone thru the sky ($6,000) on some audio gear. I actually am leaning towards a slightly smoother and laid back sound (I recently heard some older Sanus Faber Cremona bookshelfs that sounded pretty sweet to my ears).

Would there be any way to mimic or come close to a design like the Cremona (perhaps the drivers are avail to consumers?) or at least get a similar sound characteristic?

I am not a sound engineer or electronic engineer, so I'd either need to buy a kit and build it or at least have some good information on what to use as far as building a crossover, box dims, etc...

Is there there anything out there you guys can recommend?

TIA
  • Carl V
    • Apr 2005

is this what you are looking for?

Comment

• Carl V
      • Apr 2005

.if this is what you want...buy it.
      The cost to buy drivers etc., design the enclosure & XO
      just buy them. Your Resale is assured.

Otherwise Contact Rick Craig or JED
      they offer nice designs of similar pedigree
      Salk Sound Like wise.

DIY... I dunno.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"