X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

cleaning way for the old 800 version

Hi guys, my eight year old 804S are lost its natural color and finally yesterday I try to cleaned with a damp cloth ant it lose a lot of old dust but the veneer look opaque, what is the best way to clean this speaker? someone have used some kind product over this without damage the veneer? BTW the finished is rosenut.
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Treat it like timber furniture. If they are damaged or worn a good cabinet maker can fix them like new.

If its in the sun a lot you will get discolouration just as you would with any timber furniture. I have rosenut 804s from 2006. i use a little furniture polish once every 6 months. its enough to keep them looking new apart from the natural darkening of the FST which I don't think you can do anything about.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• stuofsci02
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

Yep... Pledge seems to do alright... Used it on my 804S and now my 801D
      Main System:
      B&W 801D
      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
      Oppo BDP-105
      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
      B&W CM7
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Emotiva UPA-2
      Oppo BDP-83SE
      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• leo2498
        • Feb 2012

I always thought that that kind of product could damage the veneer and affect its color, good to know I will try it and let you know. BTW it seem that you have been away from the forum for some time, do you have any new comments of your 801D?
        Leo,
        Saludos
        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• emig5m
          • Aug 2008

Been using pledge on my speakers forever. I use the "Extra Moisturizing" pledge.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

What about Mineral Oil.... Works great on things. I'd try it that in a small location, it should re-vitalize the wood.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"