X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

New Rotel product

Does anyone know if this amp is going to hit the stores in the US and Europe the new Rotel RB-1581? Or is another asian only product?
    http://klappav.com.au/collections/rotel or www.rotel.cn.
    Is it just me that is a bit annoyed of the fact that these four very interesting products the RSP-1580, RC-1580mk2, RB-1592 and RB-1581 is only out in the asian parts of the World?
    Maybe Patrick Butler can shed some light on the matter.

Mikael
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

Oh my God. I would LOVE mono block amps from Rotel!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
    Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Zoran
      • Apr 2005

Not so surprising... given some experiences with other far-east brands. A couple years ago, I took a serious inquiry searching for any opportunity to get a piece of great Denon integrated model PMA SA11 or older but also outstanding PMA S10III. All I have achieved was an info from the (long-term) authorized dealer in my country (Macedonia) that named model of integrated is simply not available for customers out of asian market, and that is almost impossible to order a piece (?!). Very disappointing, indeed.

I wouldn't say of course that will be case with the Rotel monoblock, but, from the other hand only a few things could surprise me in this regard after experience with Denon.

Btw, this mono looks pretty interesting... truly first Rotel mono ever?

Nice interior pics here:

Rotel RB-1581单声道后级图集 Rotel RB-1581单声道后级外观看起来平实,继承了RB系列机种的传统外观,采用定制设计的Rotel超大型的变压器,它的顶部和侧面都采用4毫米铝板构造出机箱的主体,有黑/银两色供选择。背板可以选择同轴输入和平衡输入, ... 小路
      Last edited by Zoran; 30 November 2014, 10:21 Sunday.

Comment

• windshear
        • Dec 2004

So basically a RB1582 in bridged mode.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
          • Jan 2014

There are no plans for this product in North America and I can't speak for Europe. However, there may be some more interesting things on the horizon for 2015. Stay tuned

Regards,

Patrick
          B&W Group North America

Comment

• Zoran
            • Apr 2005

Pretty disappointing, at least for me. As a die-hard-only-two-channel guy I'd guess Rotel will again provide a bunch of new processors, 7-channel D class amps of 5 kilos weight and similar stuff in 2015. Sorry Patrick.. that is why I kept my beloved pair RC/RB-1090 in spare system and brand-wise moved elsewhere.

This mono (RB-1581) as a possible future concept may somewhat resurrect my curiosity towards Rotel, but surely will not if exist in Asia only.

NHF, of course. I can understand if real two-channel audio remains a marginal segment in Rotel's business strategy.

Comment

• BWLover
              • Jan 2009

New Rotel product

I completely agree with Zoran. I to have an RB-1090, and plan on getting another to bi-amp my speakers. I would love to move up into the 15 series, but until Rotel releases a 1090 replacement, I won't be budging. I would LOVE to to buy 4 mono blocks and go that route. Also all my gear is from the 10 series so it all matches, which is a must for me (OCD). So unless a 1090 replacement comes out, or those mono blocks come to North America, I'll be sticking with what I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
              Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
              Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
              Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
              Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
              Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
              Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
              Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
              Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
              Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
              Playstation 3
              Shaw HD PVR
              Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Mikael
                • Aug 2007

Yep its very sad that Rotel doesnt listen to what their costumer wants. If there is a market for a big mono block it certainly is the us. Big speakers needs big amps.

Comment

• Zoran
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BWLover
                  I completely agree with Zoran. I to have an RB-1090, and plan on getting another to bi-amp my speakers. I would love to move up into the 15 series, but until Rotel releases a 1090 replacement, I won't be budging. I would LOVE to to buy 4 mono blocks and go that route. Also all my gear is from the 10 series so it all matches, which is a must for me (OCD). So unless a 1090 replacement comes out, or those mono blocks come to North America, I'll be sticking with what I have now.
                  RB-1090 has a replacement model already, several years back..

"Great news!!! Due to the massive success of the Rotel RB-1592, all stock of this model has been sold out and the alternative model is the Rotel RB-1582 MK II."

Frankly speaking, it looks like rebadged RB-1090 "only". Aside from design standpoint, it is still a decent powerhouse, even (sadly) double priced vs older 1090. Plus, the same issue - ie in terms of availability in certain markets - emerges again.

Comment

• mucke
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
                    There are no plans for this product in North America and I can't speak for Europe. However, there may be some more interesting things on the horizon for 2015. Stay tuned

Regards,

Patrick
                    B&W Group North America
                    Why not a new Michi series :-)

I wil be the first in line to buy this !!!

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                      • Oct 2014

I'm another die-hard-only-two-channel person that needs something big that can drive big speakers (ALR/Jordan Take 6). Hopefully, something similar will be released for the stores in the US and Europe. If not, then I'm seriously considering moving to Bladelius or similar brands.

In comparision to most other brands, Rotel is rather quiet on the Web: the web page is "stiff", no Twitter, and no Facebook etc. The only social media channel I have come across is:

Rotel Australia & New Zealand

I hope 2015 will be a turning point in the right direction for Rotel.

Comment

• Mikael
                        • Aug 2007

Hi Patrick
                        Now that ces2015 is well on the way can you tell us more about the new Rotel products?
                        Mikael

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"