Did Club Rotel influence you purchase choice?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Did Club Rotel influence you purchase choice?

I'm curious how many people here either purchased a Rotel product becasue of the people here in Club Rotel (or via email from myself etc) or feel that without us you might have choosen another competitors product had you not read the threads here?

Also how likely are you to buy another Rotel product knowing what you know now or have heard on this forum?

• Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I had intially purchased my Rotel equipment due to a dealer recommendation (RSP-1066 & RSP-1095). I found this forum after the fact and since that time, I have been influenced by other members, who have provided information pertinent to my recent purchases (i.e. RSP-1098 & RB-1080). I have not been disappointed.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• tominizer
      • Aug 2003

Honestly, it partial played a part in keeping me a Rotel owner. It's a good place to talk about Rotel, but more so if you have the newest and the latest gear. If you're like me with older equipment, you're more of a spectator, especially with regards to pre/pros. I almost went and bought a 1066, but decided that the upgrade from a $400 USD 985 that I got wasn't worth all the extra money and from some of the negative things being said here about it............. and then with the quick release of the 1068. So I bought a trio of Rotel THX 991 amplifers instead !!!

So, great place for Rotel owners with the latest and greatest to sort out issues, but for anyone else, you're in the nose bleeds watching the game.

Comment

• whmacs
        • Oct 2003

Hi Andrew,
        Last year when I was getting an extension to my home built, I commissioned a local dealer to install a home theatre into the new family room when it was complete. I already had a receiver, but as I wanted 7.1 sound, I needed an amp to power the back two speakers. My dealer recommended a Rotel RB-1070. The installation was still 4 weeks away at this stage. I started researching the RB-1070. This is when I discovered Club Rotel.

After two weeks of going through old posts at Club Rotel, I rang my dealer and told him to also order and RMB-1075. The new HT was installed in October last year. Since that time I've been very impressed with the RB-1070 & RMB-1075.

Anyway, my current receiver was getting a bit long in the tooth, so I started reading old posts on Club Rotel about the RSP-1066. While doing this I noticed all the glowing posts on Club Rotel about the RSP-1098. To cut a long story short, a couple of weeks ago I rang my dealer and asked him to order me a RSP-1098. He came out and installed it a week ago. The first time I heard and RSP-1098 was when it was turned on at my place. My decision to buy one (without even hearing it) was solely based on the posts on Club Rotel and the various magazine reviews I had read. So, yes Club Rotel was the biggest factor in making my purchase choice. It will also heavily influence any future Rotel purchases.

cheers,
        Stephen

My Home Theatre
        My Home Theatre

Comment

• whmacs
          • Oct 2003

Hi Andrew,
          Last year when I was getting an extension to my home built, I commissioned a local dealer to install a home theatre into the new family room when it was complete. I already had a receiver, but as I wanted 7.1 sound, I needed an amp to power the back two speakers. My dealer recommended a Rotel RB-1070. The installation was still 4 weeks away at this stage. I started researching the RB-1070. This is when I discovered Club Rotel.

After two weeks of going through old posts at Club Rotel, I rang my dealer and told him to also order and RMB-1075. The new HT was installed in October last year. Since that time I've been very impressed with the RB-1070 & RMB-1075.

Anyway, my current receiver was getting a bit long in the tooth, so I started reading old posts on Club Rotel about the RSP-1066. While doing this I noticed all the glowing posts on Club Rotel about the RSP-1098. To cut a long story short, a couple of weeks ago I rang my dealer and asked him to order me a RSP-1098. He came out and installed it a week ago. The first time I heard and RSP-1098 was when it was turned on at my place. My decision to buy one (without even hearing it) was solely based on the posts on Club Rotel and the various magazine reviews I had read. So, yes Club Rotel was the biggest factor in making my purchase choice. It will also heavily influence any future Rotel purchases.

cheers,
          Stephen

My Home Theatre
          My Home Theatre

Comment

• whmacs
            • Oct 2003

Double post, sorry...

My Home Theatre
            My Home Theatre

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

This forum has and will be a great source of info on Rotel equipment. I wouldn't say it was the deciding factor when I got into Rotel. It was my dealer selling a Rotel RMB-1095 for $1500CDN that pushed me over the edge.

ht_addict

Comment

• Garrett Adams
                • Feb 2003

I don't own a Rotel product yet but I do enjoy visiting here and I am impressed about the Rotel update abilities. If Outlaw doesn't soon mention a new pre/pro to replace their 950 I may switch to the RSP-1068. Of course a lot depends on reading many positive Dolby PLIIx user reviews which are sketchy at the moment.

Comment

• Eiffel
                  • Aug 2003

Club Rotel had an influence on what I bought. Before I discovered it, I was hesitating between a NAD and a Rotel AV receiver. Upon researching these products here and at AVS, the choice became clearer (Rotel's customer support, upgrade policy and the lack of major complains were the key factors).

In the future, I may get more Rotel products (The Rotel sound is very good, although a little bit behind state of the art, but the price/performance is excellent and technology evolves so fast that AV components age very fast...). I just wish I could upgrade my RSX-1055 to the newer model (although I don't need the new features)

Eiffel

Comment

• Twincam
                    • Feb 2004

Yes, it's all your fault.... ;b>'>

. :thanku:

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

Andrew,

The short answer is "Absolutely". I wanted more quality in Stereo and started searching round. I found some reviews and then Club Rotel. I asked some questions, them more questions, spoke to my dealer and soon had a RMB-1075 and RB-1080 to make my Denon 3802 just a pre-pro. I also hade a big with the sound.

That was the slippery slope for me as I haunted Club Rotel which was full of excited people who had changed to RSP-1066s (which had so many glowing reviews as well). I listened to it and loved it. Then the RSP-1098 came out and really got people going. I ordered one, site unseen (and unheard) from my dealer (at a great price) and have never for one second regretted it.

Then there's my CD player hunt - which after lots of posts and comparative listening ended in me being the proud owner of a RCD-1072.

Always I have found the forum helpful with people bursting to offer information and assistance. I have tried to return the favour when I can so the forum grows with each new member.

Geoff

Comment

• mattstacey
                        • Oct 2003

Andrew, I'm a Yes too. I was introduced to Rotel and Club Rotel by Aussie Geoff. I basically ordered a RMB-1075 without an audition due to the glowing feedback on this forum. A short time later I got the Rotel bug and again ordered a RSP-1066 without an audition.
                        I couldn't be happier with my set-up. The best two purchases I have made and in no small part to the feedback and information on this forum.
                        Keep up the great work everyone.

Matt Stacey
                        Matt Stacey

Comment

• Greg K
                          • Jul 2003

This site had a big influence on my purchases.I started out looking for a good 2 channel amp in my $$ range to improve stereo listening on a HK AVR 520.I got a 1070 130w amp last spring,and in reading about it on here,I ended up with a RSX 1055 reciever,and a 1060DVD player in a few months :LOL: Am already thinking about a 1098 :LOL: ,it never ends ,does it?

Greg

Comment

• Ossi
                            • Jul 2003

Yes, I guess this forum influenced me to find back to Rotel after some years of abstinence. I had quite a lot of different Rotel gears over the last years (2x RB 980, then 4x RB 981 with RC 990, 2x RCD 990 on different occasions, 2 x RDD 980 on different occasions) but for quite a time now I was living completely Rotel free. Well that changed just some days ago as I purchased the rather rarely discussed RT 1080 Tuner. It is still in the post, but it is an investment to go with an upcoming RSP 1068 that is planned to buy when they get available in Europe. So yes, I was influenced by the forum, but very likely also by the great support Rotel has proven to give with the RSP 1066 over the years contributed to my return towards Rotel.
                            I would also be interested in a multiplayer with SACD by Rotel, so we will see what time brings. However I will not return to Rotel amps any time soon as I am completely satisfied with my Parasound amps.

Comment

• eelco74
                              • Dec 2002

Andrew,

I have been buying Rotel equipment as far back as 1988. I have been migrating from a complete stereo setup to multi channel.

I accedently stumbled upon this forum, when I was trying to find information about the 1066 bass-doubling problem. This forum is more informative than my dealer ever has been. Great to find so many users and opinions.

My next purchase will be a rsp-1068.
                              And perhaps a used RB-991.

Keep up the good work !!!

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                              Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                              Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Cotrel
                                • Feb 2004

Absolutely!! While I have owned a Rotel system since 1998 and been very happy. This forum as well as Andrew helped me decide to buy a RSX 1055 in lieu of the RSP 1066. I received very practical advise and answers to my questions. I'm very pleased with my decision. Thanks to all who replied to my post....Jack

RSX 1055
                                RB 1070
                                RB 956AX
                                RCD 950
                                RDL 900
                                Denon 1600
                                Paradigm Studio 20's
                                Paradigm ADP 150's
                                Paradigm PS 1000
                                Dish 811 HD Receiver
                                Hitachi Utravision 43"

PS. If you live in the Tri-Cities Tn. Area, Mr. Toad's is a great Rotel dealership.

Comment

• Stevebez
                                  • Oct 2003

I was partial to Rotel from the start as I really liked the agressive amp design. I was happy to discover that the internals' performance seemed to match the external look too! I did my main research at Audioreview.com and thats where I found this forum, but my retailer also rated the Rotel kit highly - in fact not one retailer I consulted had a bad thing to say. It really seems good value for money mostly and have they won loads of awards. Best of all it just sounds great - to me (and my wife!).

This forum has been a great help before and after I got my kit, so I guess it did make me more partial to Rotel, but I already had become convinced thats what I wanted. Mostly it made me feel more comfortable with my decision after the fact. One additional tick in the big list of tick boxes ...

Great job ... keep it going.

Steve B

Comment

• krippan
                                    • Mar 2003

Hi all
                                    Since I was introduced to HT for about 10years ago, my goal in an early stage was Rotel!
                                    It took almost until present day to have the Rotel gear that I have now.
                                    And I can say that it’s forum like this that has dug a big hole in my wallet :LOL:

Sorry for my poor English
                                    /krippan

Comment

• MattCXII
                                      • Feb 2004

Yes, Club Rotel very much did influence my choice. I wouldn't say that the club turned me on to Rotel but the fine people here helped me make my choice as to what gear I would buy.

I was dead set on staying with recievers until I came to this forum and started chatting with more experienced audio enthuiasts. Club Rotel pulled me away from the 1056 and turned me on to the 1066 + 1075. I have just finished tweeking the system to a point that I am very happy with and I must say I am glad the fine people here turned me on to seperates.

Thanks again to all the intelligent people here at Club Rotel.

Matt

Comment

• rcchang88
                                        • Jan 2004

Andrew,

Absolutely. I discovered this site about a year ago AFTER i purchased the RSX972 Receiver. I periodically check out new topics and in fact, just yesterday, put in an order for a bunch of Rotel equipment based on many of this sites opinions and information. Here's what I got:

RSP1068
                                        RMB1075
                                        RCD1072
                                        RDV1050

Having very little time and energy to test out new equipment, this site has been excellent in helping with my decision. Thank Club Rotel!

Comment

• cnaltaylor
                                          • Nov 2003

Absolutely !

I had decided to get into surround sound but did not want to loose audio quality as I only have enough room for one system in the lounge room.

I auditioned a DSP-1066 but was worried about the video bandwidth (HD-TV) and the bass management.
                                          My supplier sent me some links which answered my questions and one enabled me to find this site.

I was aware of the DSP-1098 coming out, but cost was an ISSUE.
                                          After reading reviews of DSP-1098 on the site I decided to take the plunge and have an audition - along with Aussie Geoff I was one of the first to hear the new beast.

Suffice to say the audio quality I was after was not an issue - in fact the sound is better than I had before!

I had noticed the noise isue in the centre channel when I first brought my unit home - found the post with this issue covered and then contacted my supplier.
                                          I received a call this weekend - the fix for my unit has arrived - good information plus great service - looks like I am with Rotel for the future as long as performance/cost being as good as currently so !

It is good to look through items posted by like minded people without having to wade through the dross to find the gems of information !

Great site, keep up the good work !!

Comment

• HibbardSmith
                                            • Jan 2004

I just replaced my Sony TAE9000ES with a Rotel 1098. I was really undecided between the Rotel, The Parasound Halo C2, the Aragon Phase 1, and the Anthem Pre/Pro. The threads in this forum helped to convince me that the Rotel was probably the best of the group. It also helped to know that there was help and advice readily available.

Yes, this was a significant factor in my decision. THANKS for being here!!!

BTW: I'm very happy so far with the Rotel (less than 2 weeks of owning it).

Smitty,
                                            Hibbard T. Smith, JR
                                            smitty@essnjay.com
                                            Smitty,
                                            Hibbard T. Smith, JR
                                            smitty@essnjay.com

Comment

• CWD
                                              • Mar 2004

I've been looking for a replacement pre/pro for my trusty Denon AVR-2700 which I use as a pre/pro right now and put the Rotel 1066 and 1098 on the list of candidate units. I'm shoppping the $1K to $3K price range hoping that I can stay below $2K. I went to a dealer and found out the 1066 was to be replaced by a new unit in Feb. The dealer pushed the 1098 which I liked and was in my price range, but I've decided to go with "value" since home theater stuff tends to change every 2-3 years these days. For example, when a digital connection standard is finally agreed to for SACD/DVD-Audio, then everything will change again and I doubt that's going to be provided with just a software upgrade! I've chased Dolby Pro-Logic to Dolby Digital/DTS to SACD/DVD-Audio and while I don't regret it, the equipment does start to pile up over time.

Long story short...found this site while reseaching the 1066 and 1098 and have been very interested in the 1068. It has what I really want and will use to advantage in the 1098, so unless some other manufacturer steps forward with a better "value" pre/pro, this forum has definitely influenced my decision process.

I've always been interested in Rotel...just never bought their stuff...until now I guess.

Comment

• CWD
                                                • Mar 2004

I've been looking for a replacement pre/pro for my trusty Denon AVR-2700 which I use as a pre/pro right now and put the Rotel 1066 and 1098 on the list of candidate units. I'm shoppping the $1K to $3K price range hoping that I can stay below $2K. I went to a dealer and found out the 1066 was to be replaced by a new unit in Feb. The dealer pushed the 1098 which I liked and was in my price range, but I've decided to go with "value" since home theater stuff tends to change every 2-3 years these days. For example, when a digital connection standard is finally agreed to for SACD/DVD-Audio, then everything will change again and I doubt that's going to be provided with just a software upgrade! I've chased Dolby Pro-Logic to Dolby Digital/DTS to SACD/DVD-Audio and while I don't regret it, the equipment does start to pile up over time.

Long story short...found this site while reseaching the 1066 and 1098 and have been very interested in the 1068. It has what I really want and will use to advantage in the 1098, so unless some other manufacturer steps forward with a better "value" pre/pro, this forum has definitely influenced my decision process.

I've always been interested in Rotel...just never bought their stuff...until now I guess.

Comment

• Energeezer
                                                  • Sep 2002

NO
                                                  I purchased my stuff before discovering this site.
                                                  Steve

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
                                                  The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD

Comment

• Glen
                                                    • Dec 2003

Can I have another absolutely?

Yes!

I liked Rotel because of their price/features/construction. But, after spending nearly 3 years scraping up the money to make my purchase - I was nervous as heck about taking the leap. That's when I found Club Rotel. You can talk to all the sale people you want, and read all the articles you want - but can you trust them? They're just pushing their merchandise. What you get here is honesty. Good and bad, the information here is from people who have put out their own money and are now living with this stuff. I spent alot of time reading all the posts from people, alot them about problems they were having. Overall, the threads that had the most response seem'd to be for the most minor issues. That's when I new I had the confidence to make my purchase. I picked up a the RSP1066 and RMB1075 last fall and I have net regreted it for one moment.

If it wasn't for Club Rotel, I'd probably still have that money stuck in my mattress - and that awful feeling in my stomach "what should I buy? what should I buy?".

Thank-you to everyone who shares their knowledge at Club Rotel, and especially Andrew who pulls this all together.

:T

Comment

• hanser
                                                      • May 2002

Yes, simply because of the fact of its existence: I got the feeling I would receive help in case of a problem. Of course, the positive reviews for the RSP 1066 also pushed me to buy this thing 1,5 years ago. And still happy with it!
                                                      When the times comes to think about more ampifier power, Rotel will surely come first to mind.

Comment

• JazzGuyy
                                                        • Nov 2003

This site (among others) certainly helped to make a decision, especially once I was down to just three finalists. I got the 1098 and am enjoying it immensely. Thanks to all the members of the club who have provided information and assistance.

Comment

• stjoenewt
                                                          • Jul 2003

I would have to say emphatically yes, this forum influenced me. My last purchase was an A/V receiver and I was all but set to go with one of the competition's models. I considered Rotel outside my price range. After following numerous threads here, I auditioned and ultimately purchased an RSX-1055. Much of the decision was based in information gained here at this forum. I love the receiver, albeit am disappointed with the PLIIx decision since upgrades was a part of my decision. The members honest feedback on the products, accessibility to Rotel representatives, and availability of product upgrade/fix information found here contributed greatly.

Mike
                                                          Mike

Comment

• rmassey
                                                            • Jul 2003

.... :LOL:

Comment

• aud19
                                                              Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Aug 2003

I'd say Club Rotel helped to confirm my suspicions Which is to say I had all but purchased the gear after listening to it and reading information on it at another forum, (which shall remain nameless ), which inevitably led me here. As others have mentioned Andrew, my predecessor and the rest of the members here made me feel even more comfortable about my decision and helped to answer any niggling questions and concerns I had. The atmosphere here in Club Rotel persuaded me to stick around and to check out some of the other areas here at HTGuide. Needless to say the same friendly and helpful atmosphere permeates through the whole site.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                                                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                              Search Result for "|||"