X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Rotel product news...

Hey guys I was talking with Rotel this morning and I have some news I thought I'd pass along.

The 1098 has been given some fairly major upgrades after touring around the world at the various trade shows and from all accounts it looks like its going to be quite the product. There's been some delays at the factory which is why it hasn't shipped yet but those should be resolved very soon and we should start seeing them shipping early may.

The 1060 DVD player has also been tweaked with a few software enhancements and should be shipping by the end of the month or early may. I didn't ask about progressive PAL but I don't think that's been addressed yet (don't quote me on that though)

Rotels also been busy working on a new product that will change how some of us connect and interface with our HT gear. Basically its going to be a "hub" where we'll be able to plug in Rotel gear via their RS232 ports and the plug this "hub" into the houses ethernet LAN. Apparently it also supports wireless as well which will be very slick. That product is still being developed as they try to get it working properly with the Windows CE devices etc. This should be at cedia next year!

I also spoke at lenght with him about the bass management fix that he and I had talked about before. Basically the fix they"ve come up with will be to open the reciever/pre amp and cut the lead on a single capacitor. He said that this won"t void the warrenty so long as you don"t do anything stuppid like drop the soldering iron inside it :LOL: As soon as I get the details I'll be performing the fix so I'll document the process.

Lastly I'll be posting a program that will make upgrading the firmware easier. The program's in beta form but it apparently works alright.

Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"