My first rotel product (tuner). need computer IO help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c3lica
    • Oct 2008

My first rotel product (tuner). need computer IO help.

I just bought a Rotel rt1080. This is my first rotel product ever. My question is how do I use the IO Port. Can I just hook it up to my switch and access it like a router via http (I highly doubt this is in fact the way to do so). I am going to college for computer science so I would like to write a program to control it. I contacted Rotel but have not herd back yet. I have no idea how to hook it up and control is so any and all information is helpful.

Also, is there anything I should know/do in regards to my new tuner. I am very new to high end audio.

EDIT:
    have been doing some searching and found that ethernet will not work... it is a rs232 with rj45 jack. i am reading the rotel documentation so that shouldn't be a prob but if you have any tip they would still be appreciated.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Should be able to look at the program posted here to get some ideas:

It will control the RT-1080 and includes the source code.

Kevin D.

Comment

• c3lica
      • Oct 2008

ahhh thanks, I saw that post but missed the code. that will same me lots of work.

Comment

• PiDD
        • Aug 2003

Have you ever used Girder... It has a serial interface. I only mention it because you sound like someone that likes to play with this stuff.

Comment

• c3lica
          • Oct 2008

I have not used it but I will deff check it out. For now I am trying to convert the VB6 code provided above to vb 2008.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"