X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jyj
    • Dec 2008

RSP 1069 With Niles MSU250

Hi Everyone,

I have an RSP 1069 and a Niles MSU250 that have been working well together for a few years. I recently started a project to clean up my cabling and wanted to know if I could replace the Niles micro flasher that sits in front of the 1069's IR sensor and use a standard 3.5mm cable from the MSU250 to the IR input of the 1069. I didn't want to experiment because I wasn't sure if I would damage the equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jyj
    Hi Everyone,

I have an RSP 1069 and a Niles MSU250 that have been working well together for a few years. I recently started a project to clean up my cabling and wanted to know if I could replace the Niles micro flasher that sits in front of the 1069's IR sensor and use a standard 3.5mm cable from the MSU250 to the IR input of the 1069. I didn't want to experiment because I wasn't sure if I would damage the equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry
    Yes, but if I remember right, plugging a cable into the back will disable the front IR input..

Kevin D.

Comment

• jyj
      • Dec 2008

Perfect! I replaced the IR flasher for the 1069 and the 1072 with a 3.5mm cable and all seems to be going well and a bit faster in response with the remote. I 'm not sure why my other sources, such as satellite or blu-ray don't have a IR input. It would make a much cleaner look, IMHO. Thanks!

Jerry

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

It's also perfectly acceptable to break open cases and stick the flashers behind the front plate. Of course Directv or Dish might not like that on leased equipment..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"