X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jyj
    • Dec 2008

RSP 1069 and "5.1" Flag

Hi Everyone - I've been a longtime lurker and now a first time poster. I've had the RSP 1069 for over a year and have noticed the "5.1" icon on the florescent panel never illumnates. However the "Dolby Digital" message is displayed when a program is broadcast with the DD content with my DTV HD-DVR.
    Also, the "5.1" icon does not illuminate when playing DVD/Blu-Ray discs either, but does have the "Dolby Digital" message display. The RSP 1069 is running MAIN: v1.2.1 and VIDEO: v1.48

Listed below is my current connections for my 5.1 set-up.
    For Blu-Ray/DVD I use MLPCM with HDMI:
    Sony BDP S550 > HDMI > RSP 1069
    RSP 1069 > HDMI > Panasonic TH-42XVS30U

For Satellite I use Component directly to the Panasonic TH-42XVS30U:
    DTV HD-DVR > ToS Link > RSP 1069

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks.

Jerry
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I don't think the 5.1 7.1 icons are used. If they are I'm not sure what would use it. The individual speaker icons are used to tell you what speakers have output.

A lot of times there's icons printed on the display that never make it into use. The first 10 series units had a THX logo on the display.

Kevin D.

Comment

• jyj
      • Dec 2008

I wanted to make sure that I hadn't overlooked any settings. It's been a great product and I've really enjoyed the listening experience. Thanks for your help!

Comment

• lotones
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
        I don't think the 5.1 7.1 icons are used. If they are I'm not sure what would use it. The individual speaker icons are used to tell you what speakers have output.

A lot of times there's icons printed on the display that never make it into use. The first 10 series units had a THX logo on the display.

Kevin D.
        I have both the THX and 5.1 icons on my 1068. Glad I didn't notice them until now or I would have been obsessed with getting them to light up... lol!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"