• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rum
    • Mar 2010

RSP 1069 HDMI handshake issues

1) Having the following issue with HDMI connections and need help

Panasonic BD60 BluRay Player Connected to HDMI 1 of RSP 1069
    RSP 1069 HDMI out connected to Panasonic Viera 42 inch Plasma.
    DVD/CD Player Denon 1920 connected to HDMI 2 of RSP 1069
    Get pink and tint screen on switching HSMI source and many times on power on of RSP 1069 and TV. Need to resent the BluRay to get back resolution that is set to 720 P , even when specifically set and at the Rotel and the BluRay (My plasma only supports up to 1080i)

Saw a few old posts and inferring that firmware upgrade of RSP 1069 to 1.47 Fixes the HDMI handshake issue. Please guide on location of Rotel Firmware and latest version, does not seem to be there at Rotel Web Site. Anyone willing to forward procedure or email. Will also write to Rotel Support.

2) When using the source as CD (DVD player as CD source), how to turn off Video through HDMI but have Audio alone through HDMI. So that TV may be switched off without reverse signal to RSP 1069 causing HDMI to go off
  • hurin
    • Sep 2009

1: Upgrading the scaler firmware will fix the problems. The cable you need should be in the box the 1069 came in. You may need to purchase a USB to COM1 adapter.

2: Simple, don't use HDMI for playing CDs. Connect the unit twice, using HDMI and Coaxial.

Comment

• rum
      • Mar 2010

Thanks Hurin for the prompt response. Post reading the link, I am guessing the tha HDMI Bypass would have done the job as well. I wil however install he scaler update.
      I find that my serial number does not have the update (have written to Rotel Techsuppot to ceck).

Do I need to set back to Default Settings post teh update ? Doings so will need me to setup the speaker config (size , distance etc again)

Yes, I can setup CD using Coxial.

Thanks again

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

You should do a reset every time you do a firmware update but you can download a utility from the same website as the firmware that you can upload all of your system settings as well as change them and load them. It's call the Rotel Setup Configuration tool. It saves a lot of time when you have to do a firmware update.

If your unit doesn't have the HDMI bypass, you should have it done. Without it, everything that is connected HDMI goes through the scaler and the one in the RSP-1069 is nothing to write home about.

Eric

Comment

• rum
          • Mar 2010

Thanks Eric

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"